• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that pray, please pray for me! Having a rough time!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello, 

I am seriously going through such a rough patch right now. I was last off last month and I have been looking for work ever since. Having a hard time getting a job, I have to move out of my apartment this weekend, was able to get out of my lease and avoid an eviction on my credit as long as I could get out by the 1st. Moving into a more affordable place. It will save me $400 a month which is great. But now I have a whole new set of issues which I don't feel like dealing with. I took my ex to court in March of 2008. He never paid me a penny. I held off on enforcing it, because I was being too nice as always, and I did not want to put my kids Dad in jail. Well finally went a few months ago to enforce Child Support. His sister says they started garnishing wages from his paycheck  and he had asked me to have them stop enforcing it, and I said no, he owes me the money. Well now he wants to be a real ass. I got served with papers today because he wants to modify child support, have the kids live with him, and he said a bunch of lies in the stupid thing. I don't have a job, so therefore I have no money to get an attorney and fight this good. He has an attorney though. Must be nice, he can't afford child support but he can afford his attorney. Now I guess I have to fight this battle alone. I am trying to focus on finishing my degree. He has two degrees already and he is working, he is just trying to do whatever he can to get out of paying me. Not sure how it will play out with me not having an attorney. So I really need prayers or some good vibes-For a job, and to get through this new headache my ex is giving me. So stressed. 

sad

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abjones00
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Man what an ass. Sending prayers your way. 

sweetheart5703
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Thanks 

Quoting abjones00:

First_One_8_18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM

That sucks. Im sorry! Prayers definitely sent!!!

sherri8806
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Deff sending prayers your way!

Ethans_mom718
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Im sorry! Prayers definitely

iwanabemomie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Exactly.i hope things work out for you sweety.

Quoting abjones00:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I'll send a prayer up for you. Stress is a bi*ch. 

charady2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I would suggest looking up legal aid in your area and asking for a lawyer.  A girl I know recently left her hubby (he was abusive) she moved to another state and then he took her to court for custody.  She didn't ahve a job, was living with her parents (who already had either 6 or 7 kids at home before her), she was getting food stamps, etc, and was being mommy to twins that were less than 6 months old.  Her hubby, on the other hand, lived with his parents, so didn't have to pay rent, already is paying on another kid that he never even attempted to see, and has a full time job.

Dad hired an expensive lawyer (well, his parents did anyway), she got a mediocre lawyer from a small town that legal aid appointed.  She got custody of the kids after one court appearance! 

Long story short, wanting to wish you good luck, get whatever lawyer you can (any is better than none), I would also ask your friends/family for character witness affidavits (that is what she did, had several people write to the lawyer/judge why she should be given custody), and go fighting for your kids.

Wishing you the best! 

blessedmommie07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Try the custody issues group.  They can give you advise and give you info.  I hope everything works out for you

soon2bmommyof2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM
idk what state ur in but you have to be proven an unfit mother for ur kids to be taken from u n fl (where im from) and n tx (where my hubbys stationed and we now live!) even by there dad! And u not having a job does not make u an unfit mother! Make sure u have them living somehwere suitable for children,make sure they r at school and on time every day,make sure they are well fed and bathed,ur house is reasonably clean,u can pass a drug test,and im sending u lots of goodluck, and positive energy (stay positive no matter how hard it gets and it will make it alot easier on u mama) i know sum of the charity churches will help with legal aid! Id call around and find any help from anyone i could!! Maybe if nothing else...a lawyer that will take payments or one u can pay later! And like a pp said get witnesses to write letters or even appear in court with u and state why they should stay with u! Shit take ur kids let them tell the judge where theyd rather be!! :) hope i helped at least a little goodluck with all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)