Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poor dd :(

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM
  • 17 Replies
My dd is almost 4 and has slept with my son who is 5 since she was a year old....just the way its always been, they are truly each others best friend. well with moving and my 5 yo in school now i figured this is the perfect time to start having her sleep in her own bed in her own room. she has had her own room before, but they still slept together in each others rooms. she is having the hardest time with this because she needs her big brother...he pats her back til she falls asleep.i just caught her awake upstaurs with the tv on playing with the cat...i had her turn off the tv and i told her that i understand this is a big change for her, but she is a big girl now and they both need their privacy. Then she looks at me with those big blue eyes and says "But I dont wanna be tucked in here all alone" as she started to cry.....i wanted to cry....my poor baby girl :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaboudreaux
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Awww, that is sad! :(

Amanda_Leigh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Awe poor thing. She will get used to it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Aww, I'm so touched by the way your son treats his sister. My brother wanted to kill me all the time and almost succeeded several times. You sound like you have some great kids. 

FL2AK

Out 7 yr old hates to sleep by herself.  She tries to sleep in our room or she will convince her 11 yr old brother to let her sleep with him.  If that doesnt work she sleeps on her bedroom floor right in front of the door.     

djemMama0725
And she milks it for all its worth too! she really is sad though :( maybe i will let her come when i take Devin to school tomorrow. that will be a good time to talk and let her know that even when he is not right there with her that she is always his baby sister...and that when he goes away he comes back....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 AM

aw I feel so bad for her lol I'm so glad I have 2 girls and they still share a room..and a big bed lol I always walk in and catch them sleeping all cuddled up in the middle of the bed instead of each on their own side. It's so sweet!

I hope your dd adjusts quickly, poor thing :(

djemMama0725
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:07 AM
He has been in love with her since i brought her home. he always helped me with her and looks after her now too. he taught her how to ride a bike with no training wheels, how to write her name and always tells people that they "should meet his beautiful sister". they are great kids :)

Quoting serjil:

Aww, I'm so touched by the way your son treats his sister. My brother wanted to kill me all the time and almost succeeded several times. You sound like you have some great kids. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djemMama0725
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:13 AM
Ds and dd are always cuddled up too...i have found them so many times with their arms wrapped around each other.

Quoting OneandonlyME:

aw I feel so bad for her lol I'm so glad I have 2 girls and they still share a room..and a big bed lol I always walk in and catch them sleeping all cuddled up in the middle of the bed instead of each on their own side. It's so sweet!

I hope your dd adjusts quickly, poor thing :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:16 AM

This is so sweet!! It sounds like you have 2 very awesome kids mama :)

Quoting djemMama0725:

He has been in love with her since i brought her home. he always helped me with her and looks after her now too. he taught her how to ride a bike with no training wheels, how to write her name and always tells people that they "should meet his beautiful sister". they are great kids :)

Quoting serjil:

02nana07
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM

She has always had her buddy there, and is lonely and maybe scared, get her a puppy to keep her company and make her feel safe :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)