Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK I just don't get it

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 AM
  • 38 Replies

I am watching the news and they are reporting how Carls Jr and Sonic have come out with a new food item. Carls Jr has the foot long burger that weighs in at 810 calories alone and Sonic has the foot long coney hot dog that also weighs in at 810 calories.  WTF????

People are complaining and whining that people in america are becoming obese and this trend has to stop but yet, to capitalize on this, these fast food places create, heart attacks on a bun!!!  I know money is the motivator but WTF are people suppose to do when it is 10:30 at night and all these food commercials on are, think they will resist and grab a carrot - NO they will be week and get this monstrosity.

Then the govt wonders why over 30% of the population is fat.  Give me a break!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JAJA_Steele
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Neither one of those sound appealing to me

OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Quoting JAJA_Steele:

Neither one of those sound appealing to me

Me either.

People seriously need to have more self control though.

lady_kira
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Well that's on those people that are "too weak" to grab a carrot, why do you blame fast food for that? It's as simple as turning off the commercial and finding a healthy snack instead.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Its not the company's job to make sure we do not over indulge.  People complain and complain but never take responsibility.  Yes, it is a huge franchise's fault that you have no self control snd stuff your face with crap all day long.  People need to stop complaining and take a damn walk.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Food companies, even fast food compaines, can't be held responsible for a persons lack of will power.

This comes from a woman who is 5'6" and weighs in at 230 lbs. I own it. It's my fault not McDonalds.

MOMby19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Everytime I see commericals like that (or stop by a fast food place and get a HUGE "small" drink and fries) I laugh at the thought that people get away with sueing McDonald's for obesity.

rmfanfgljf
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 AM
They are also predicting that 3/4 of the USA's population will be obese by 2020, I wonder what types of food these fast food restaurants will think of in the upcoming years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Ummm, that's why I keep lots of veggies in the house, and that's why now a lot of these places are offering salads and stuff.

Liyoness
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM

I haven't had fast food in over 5 years. Those commercials do absolutely nothing for me.

OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

They are also predicting that 3/4 of the USA's population will be obese by 2020, I wonder what types of food these fast food restaurants will think of in the upcoming years.

Have you seen some of the stuff advertised now lol it's ridiculous the KFC double stack and the foot long burger the OP just mentioned!! It's like they dont even know what kinda crap to throw together anymore and obviously people go for it. I find most of it disgusting though. I think it's kinda sad how uneducatedor uninformed so many people are when it comes to nutrition. If everybody would stop and figure out just how many calories and fat they consume in a day as opposed to what they need they would be in for a HUGE wake up call!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)