Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help panic attack..

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

what are some things i could do to help stop sudden panic attacks. sometimes i get them for no reason and my chest feels like it going to burst at any moment , and my whole right side goes nimb.. please help and no bashing please...

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM

BUMP!

.LoVeMyBuG.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM

BUMP!

BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM

do you see anyone? because in all honestly you need to get to the core of why you have this much anxiet to really resolve the issue. there isa  reason. you just dont know what it is yet that is setting this off inside you. when i had it this bad i just practiced visualization of a happy memory, concentrating on the colors, the feel of the day, whatever is goingon in the good memory i would breathe deeply and focus till the worst had passed.

clovismommy25
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM

They are usually trigger by something. I would list the places you have had them and what was going on. Maybe you can find the trigger and try to avoid. I had one in Walgreens, after running into (physically running into) the guy who attack me and tried to rape me when I was 15. Now I can't go in there, even though I know he is in prison again (for something else) because I had one there. Now my brain sees it and starts to freak, no matter what I tell myself. Also, the rapid eye movement therapy helped ALOT! I would talk to a counselor and see what can be done.

kiernansmom08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I breathe and concentrate on breathing.  Then you have to focus on the most mundane thing you can think of - like what you're doing this weekend or housework that needs done, something tangible like that.  I deal with them nightly and I'm sorry you have them too :-(

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

i am currently getting help for an issue i was rape 4 years ago but i dont think thats whats causing it from being tramatized i developed PTSD and I am Bipolar and they put me on new medicien 3 weeks ago so could it be the medicien. and i have delt with the rape issue as best i could the rest is just up to me to get over and feel totaly safe

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM

thanks do your cause your arms or the whole side of your body to go numb though because from my face down to my foodt its numb and its a hurtful

Quoting kiernansmom08:

I breathe and concentrate on breathing.  Then you have to focus on the most mundane thing you can think of - like what you're doing this weekend or housework that needs done, something tangible like that.  I deal with them nightly and I'm sorry you have them too :-(

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:33 AM

BUMP!

clovismommy25
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM

In my short life I have gone through being molested for nearly 12yrs, raped AT 12, and ended up pregnant, and lost her. And then at 15 a "friend" tried to rape me, I refused to let it happen again. I am still in counseling, over 7yrs later, since the last of it. Keep going! You are right, it IS up to you, but you need guidance and understanding. I tried to deal with it on my own, thinking I couldn't get anything else out of counseling. I was wrong! Oh so wrong. I would have panic attacks in my own room, when my mind would wonder. We actually had to move, so they would stop! I would see a man, and FREAK out! I finally found out about the REM therapy and it is doing WONDERS! PLEASE consider going back!

Quoting Jessie8706:

i am currently getting help for an issue i was rape 4 years ago but i dont think thats whats causing it from being tramatized i developed PTSD and I am Bipolar and they put me on new medicien 3 weeks ago so could it be the medicien. and i have delt with the rape issue as best i could the rest is just up to me to get over and feel totaly safe

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM

i have and still am in counceling but she says that there really is much more she can do for me..

Quoting clovismommy25:

In my short life I have gone through being molested for nearly 12yrs, raped AT 12, and ended up pregnant, and lost her. And then at 15 a "friend" tried to rape me, I refused to let it happen again. I am still in counseling, over 7yrs later, since the last of it. Keep going! You are right, it IS up to you, but you need guidance and understanding. I tried to deal with it on my own, thinking I couldn't get anything else out of counseling. I was wrong! Oh so wrong. I would have panic attacks in my own room, when my mind would wonder. We actually had to move, so they would stop! I would see a man, and FREAK out! I finally found out about the REM therapy and it is doing WONDERS! PLEASE consider going back!

Quoting Jessie8706:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)