• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SCAM GOING ON...FAKE

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:36 AM
  • 120 Replies

there was a scam that happend at walmart in Houston TX..A friend emailed my hubby that when he was checking out he purchased a bunch of stuff over 160$ and he checked his reciept before leaving and it said he got 40$ back but he never did or recieved it so he complaind and told th chashier that he never wanted cash back and the cashier told him to just take the 40 cuz she couldnt delete the order..the supervisor came over and said if we were to delete it that would be rescaning every item..which was done and when he went to the pin pad it asked if he wanted 20 back he told the cashier to say no!! so everything was fine..one of his co workers had this happen to her but she called her sister at the bank and said its a new type of scam people are doing the cashier will key in that you asked for cash back when you really didnt and her/his friend will be the next person in line and they will take the cash that was taken from your purchase..

So just check your reciept before leaving the store and if you didnt get cash back go back inside..its not jsut happing at walmart..even though they are a big store and alot of incidents happen there...CHECK YOUR RECIEPTS!!!!!!

Sorry its there were typos im really tired but wanted to tell you ladies about my email my hubby got today ITS FAKE APPARENTLY..

I DONT GET WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO BASH ME IF DIDNT KNOW IT WAS FAKE WHEN I FIRST POSTED IT.& YOU DONT HAVE TO BASH ME CUZ I DONT COMMENT BACK ON MY OWN GOD DAMN POSTS I DO HAVE A KID AND IM NOT ALWAYS ON HERE 24/7..YEA I CAN BE A LIL GULLIBLE BUT WHO CARES I READ THE DAMN POST THAT WAS ON HERE AND IT SAID FALSE..OK..

SAHM To a handsome little man Ethan5/9/09..USAF Wifey..To John..5/17/08!!baby boy in love

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuSukha
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM

thanks for the heads up, pretty smart scam

nellbug
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 AM

BUMP!

iwanabemomie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM
Thats Whats happening at our local gas stations and walmarts too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harvgal04

thats crazy

yo_ho

That's crazy!

booger14
From what I know you have to ask for cash back on the atm machine and then press ok for the total amount. But anyways I always double check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_mommy09

BUMP!

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 AM

yikes. thanks for the heads up. 

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Thank you!  I always check and then recheck my receipt but I know SO many people who just chuck it right after they walk out the store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)