Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sister Wives: MY opinion of the show

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM
  • 97 Replies

So we just finished watching Sister Wives. I loved it. I'm hooked (I rarely say that about a TV show). I love the first wife and feel sorry for her because she is now getting even LESS time with her husband. :( I know it was just on TV but it seemed like the husband was friends with them moreso than a husband. Maybe they just aren't into PDA? I don't know. It was just awkward. I love that they all have their own little apartments.

I love the third wife. She seems super sweet and the most motherly. If I was any of them though I'd wanna be the first one -- only one kid, heck yeah! I know she didn't choose that (and omg how hard would it be to want to be pregnant and watch your sister wives go on to have 11 kids) but she definitely seems to have it pretty easy.

The kids all seemed awesome. The second wife didn't do much for me.. she was just blah.

One thing I found hilarious was that they explained they all had sex with him but not each other because that would be "weird". Polygamists telling us what's "weird". :) 

OH and I don't know if I'm going to like this new wife. I don't like that he is traveling FOUR hours away from his entire family to court this other woman. Seems like he should be happy with what he has.

That's my 2 cents. What about yours?? (http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/sister-wives-meet-kody-the-wives.html)

joget

TUTUS ROCK

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:01 AM

I'm still watching it so I'll be back later.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:01 AM

It's the only reality show that I've ever watched.  I liked it.

I think the family all seems happy, well adjusted, and functional.

I'd even go as far as saying that the family- the WHOLE family- functions better than 75% of families do.

i.heart.rachel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

It's the only reality show that I've ever watched.  I liked it.

I think the family all seems happy, well adjusted, and functional.

I'd even go as far as saying that the family- the WHOLE family- functions better than 75% of families do.

I'd agree with that, though it still is a bit weird to me that the wives have to split the time between them and the husband and now he is adding another wife and 3 more kids. Like.. 3 wives and 12 kids is not enough? OH and it pisses me off that he has a 2 seater car. No clue why. But it does!!

joget

TUTUS ROCK

terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:03 AM

I missed it, but want to see it.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:03 AM

I feel bad for the first mom as well that she has only one child and the others have a nice size brood. I am not sure how this will all unfold on tv.

lilpunkymom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:03 AM

I love thier house!!!!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:07 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I feel bad for the first mom as well that she has only one child and the others have a nice size brood. I am not sure how this will all unfold on tv.

I'm guessing she has some fertility issues she didn't want to share on air. :(

When she was speaking she said something like "it wasn't in the cards for her."

but ALL the mothers "share" the children.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I wonder what made him want to get another wife after several years of just having 3.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I wonder what made him want to get another wife after several years of just having 3.

Didn't they say it was a woman they've all known for some time and they all connected to her and fell in love?

I like that they discussed it as a whole family, children included, before he even proposed to her.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:18 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Didn't they say it was a woman they've all known for some time and they all connected to her and fell in love?

I like that they discussed it as a whole family, children included, before he even proposed to her.

I must have missed that part.

I like that too about them discussing it as a whole family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)