• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lexapro

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:05 AM
  • 18 Replies

have you ever taken it? its the antidepressant the dr prescribed me to prevent ppd...he said i'm especially susceptible to it...

anyway, im nervous to take it..have you ever taken it?

ETA how long did it take to work for you?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahasugar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:07 AM

BUMP!

Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:08 AM

i took it. at first 10 mg and then he up it to 20 after 10 days so i got used to it gently. i think i felt a little better while on it. i enjoyed going to work and had fun there and almost always had a smile on my face so i think it worked for me.

but i also left my husband a few months after being put on it. (not from any side effects or something) but i was able to do it stress free lol for the most part

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM

just asking whats PPD.. i am  bipolar is that like what you have

Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Quoting Jessie8706:

Postpartum depression - after u have a baby

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:12 AM

oh ok ithank you for letting me know

Quoting Darkangelpunk:

Quoting Jessie8706:

Postpartum depression - after u have a baby

rebel_mommy09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM

I took it and it made me worse. I didn't want to do anything other than lay in bed all the time. I was 14. I gained weight on it and I was miserable. I told the dr and was told to keep taking it. They refused to take me off. My mom said something and the same thing. Finally I made the decision to come off of it AMA and I felt way better! I will never take that med again! 

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM

i have taken it but it didnt work for me but its suppose to work well for people and with the least side affects

Daynaof3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:32 AM

So do you have ppd or are you just high risk? I would be leary of a doctor who wants to medicate you without even having an issue. Also, did he suggest any natural ways to help with ppd like exercise, support groups, or breastfeeding?

chance010507
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:37 AM

you can try herbal alternatives if you dont want the medication. I suggest wellbutrin its also an antidepressant and an anti anxiety. They also prescribe it to stop smoking. I lost a lot of weight when i went on it but i also did not want to eat at all, ended up pregnant after taking it for two weeks after trying to conceive for over 2 years. Oh i also stayed on it throughout my pregnancy and still on it and its amazing :) not even a hint of PPD this time :)

LCG83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:39 AM
I HATE Lexapro!!!! I have found it tends to make you worse off then you already are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)