Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANY NIGHT SHIFT MOMMAS

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

I really find it hard to believe that I am one of the few night shift working mommas, who takes care of her children in the daytime.  I just really could use someone to relate to.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MzGreco
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:15 AM

I was a single mom when my daughter was very young.  I worked nights for four years.  She slept at my moms house.  I picked her up at 7 am (my parents worked).  I stayed up all day caring for my girl.  I prayed for her to take a good nap so I could sleep for a couple of hours with her.  In the evening I took her back  to my mom's house around 8 and took a nap at my moms house for a couple hours and went to work at 10:30 pm.  It was HARD!  BUT, we did it. 

Landynsmom62609
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I worked 12hour night shifts up until a few weeks ago it was hard but i slept every time my son took a nap and then a few hours before work my mom babysat for me until i got off work. I will never work nights again though too much with a baby

sallymoon
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I worked 12 hour overnight shifts for over 5 years.  I just switched to 10 hour night shifts that get out in the middle of the night instead of in the morning, and so far it has been so much better.  I always felt like a zombie on my old shift and never got anything done, even on my days off.  On the days I worked, I always prayed that my boy would take a good long nap so that I could get some rest.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

mommy03021207
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:50 AM
I'm at work now and it sucks! I get off at 7 then go home and sleep for a couple hrs then I'm up w/ my 2 yr old till dd comes home from school. I only work 3rd a few nights a week but it takes forever to "catch" back up on feeling normal lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olivia3579
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:59 AM
I use to ork nights when I was pg with my 4th baby. My friends daughter babysat my 2 boys. And I took care of my 2yr old during the day cuz my 6yr old went 2 school. It was hard but I worked til I popped. Now both r in daycare oldest is in school and I work days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)