Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this seems really odd to me (CPS)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:14 AM
  • 25 Replies
today my husband called and asked if i could pick up one of his co workers sons (he is also a friend) from school because the school called the boss and said the boy had a 104 fever and if someone did not pick him up they were going to call a ambulance and CPS. i picked him up and took him to the doctor as we were waiting the mother came in (she just got off work) so i left. we my husband got home i asked why would the school call and say they would call CPS he said the co worker told him he had no idea and nothing has ever happened like that before. i just think its odd that they would just jump the gun and basicly threatin him if something has not happened before. would a school really call a work place and say all of that with out thinking there is a chance of him not picking up the kid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:16 AM

That is strange..wonder if they had been calling the mom and if she had ingored them or something?

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:17 AM

BUMP!

airforewifenmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:18 AM
Yes they can. If a child is sick and needs a doc and nobody comes for the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Well at my childs state pre-school it says in the parent handbook if you are late picking up your child they will be sent to the office and cps will be called. So yes, id believe it. We as parents are in charge of picking up our kids when they dont feel well, they cant just sit in the office all day, so what else are they supposed to do? My mom works in a school office and you wouldnt believe how many parents dont want to come pick up their sick child b/c they are out shopping or something.

FL2AK
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Are you sure the school really said that or were they just trying to guilt you into picking up their sick child?  I think it is pretty sad that neither parent would go get their kid. 

robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:23 AM
the boss was the one that said this to my husband so yes i am sure its true.

Quoting FL2AK:

Are you sure the school really said that or were they just trying to guilt you into picking up their sick child?  I think it is pretty sad that neither parent would go get their kid. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:25 AM
i am not saying they can't do it or shouldn't do it. i just don't see why they would say that unless they didn't pick him up before when he was sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Quoting terrabiglieri:

My mom works in a school office and you wouldnt believe how many parents dont want to come pick up their sick child b/c they are out shopping or something.

i have not had this happen yet but not all parents can just drop everything and go to the school. most parents work during school hours and some jobs don't care if your kid is sick if there is stuff to be done at work and u need to leave they might loose out on profits.

olivia3579
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:38 AM
104? That doesn't sound rite either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:43 AM

This is what I would think. Or the dad said he could not do it. Something like that!

Quoting angie729:

That is strange..wonder if they had been calling the mom and if she had ingored them or something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)