Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you really judge someone because their kid is up late?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM
  • 28 Replies

I always see ladies here getting really high strung if someone has a post or anything pertaining to a child being up "too late"

Is it really that big of a deal to you?

My DD is 17 months and for some reason or another she decided to wake up at 12 tonight and we're now reading every book she has.

So, what up with that ladies? lol

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
artsygirl2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:55 AM
I say to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:56 AM

at that age i dont think it really matters.

my_lovely
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Quoting BlacksheepSati:

loves_her_baby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Quoting BlacksheepSati:

when do you think it really starts to matter?

**i hope that doesnt sound rude, it's not meant to!**

raynesmommy1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

My 3 year old DD was medically diagnosed with Childhood insomnia so if another Mom doesn't like too bad.

bananahammock1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 AM
I dont give a shit what anyone on here thinks.. Some people have different schedules.. Who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura4807
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 AM

It's not that big of a deal to me. Some parents work late, some single moms work nightshifts so their kids are on a different schedule then your kid, and *gasp* there are different timezones too. I live in AK on average im 4 hours behind most ladies. I cant tell you how many times I've gotten the "Why is your child up so late?!" speech at 7pm.

connietrrll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:08 AM

I never liked it when I saw kids up late. They need their sleep to grow. But, I always say that is a choice. My kids are all teenagers and above so on weekends they are up late. During the week my youngest who is in 9th grade goes to bed at 9:30-10 pm ish. But last year it was 8:30-9 ish. His friends all kind of razzed him about that but he has always fallen asleep that early. My nieces were kids that went to bed late. Now my sisters foster kids are all in bed by no later then 10 (the oldest is 17). The babies are in bed by 8. But like I said everyone has their own opinions,

goatmom4
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:08 AM

the kids go through stages where they can't figure out their schueles   because I had daycare kids the nights were when we could cuddle and be just the mom and them   they loved a few late nights and espiacc. when they had more siblings  we  jsut spent time they grow up so FAST                    a few late nights   don't hurt   

serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:09 AM

I wouldn't because I am a mother who has let her son stay up all night even.

I am a night person and so was his father. I've worked graveyards for nearly twenty years. I was on graves when I was pregnant, so it's quite possible my son is a night owl because of my schedule while pregnant. My son was home schooled from third grade and just started a regular school this year for high school. Because he didn't have to get up for school and could do his school work any time, I allowed him to be up, because frankly, we wouldn't see each other much if he tried to have a more "normal" schedule.

I know I have been quietly judged by my co-workers when my son would call me at three in the morning, but my son is healthy and happy, and that is what matters. Now that he is in a regular school he gets to bed by 10:00, and we don't get to "hang out" as much as we used to, but he wants this, so I have to learn to adjust. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)