• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler not eating, sleeping alot.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:19 AM
  • 27 Replies

For the past few days my 16 month old has basicly stopped eating and instead wanted to play for maybe 4 hours an sleep the rest of the day. and its not one big block he plays, he kinda plays  then falls asleep again. I've tried giving him different things and he will eat one or two bites.

I'm calling his dr but I'm wondering if I should say screw it an take him to the er. he acts normal when hes awake, happy, makes messes, runs around. but wont eat.

Update so far: Got him to eat a lil bit when i woke him up but it was a fight. he didn't wana pay attention to his food and watned to go back to sleep. hubs is gona call dr for me since he has the phone and the vehicle. but hes stayin at his parents place while he fixes up the new place for us while i'm 20 minutes away. Gona wait till the lil guy wakes up an try gettin him to eat more. before anyone asks how i'm talkin to him. simple i text his phone from my yahoo.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:37 AM

BUMP!

MOMby19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:38 AM

BUMP!

baby_pumpkin523
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:40 AM

Maybe he is coming down with something like the flu. Thats how my DD acts when she is getting sick. Make sure that you keep alot of fluids going into him!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:41 AM

well i got him up an sat him down and got half of one of his lil chef boyardee dinner bowls in him. now hes sittin on my lap playing ith it and falling back asleep, when hes not going "tuh tuh tuh"

no fever hes a lil chilly to be honest so i turned the heat on.

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:43 AM

apple juice, milk, and water is about all he realy wants so no worrys on the fluids

Quoting baby_pumpkin523:

Maybe he is coming down with something like the flu. Thats how my DD acts when she is getting sick. Make sure that you keep alot of fluids going into him!

baby_pumpkin523
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 AM

my DD acts like your son is a few days before symptoms show up such as a fever.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

well i got him up an sat him down and got half of one of his lil chef boyardee dinner bowls in him. now hes sittin on my lap playing ith it and falling back asleep, when hes not going "tuh tuh tuh"

Pregnancy%20ticker

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Maybe he is coming down with somethin. if thats the case I should watch till symptoms show up. but hes never NOT ate before. and hes never been one to not pay attention to somethin in front of him. usualy even if hes just ate an i'm eating somethin he begs for bites

Quoting baby_pumpkin523:

my DD acts like your son is a few days before symptoms show up such as a fever.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:50 AM

BUMP!

Jessie8706
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:53 AM

id take him in t the ER

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 AM

I'm considering it as soon as his daddy gets off work to go to the ER. this is day three an so far all hes had was maybe 10  animal cookies, a small ammount of popcorn and half a bowl of chicken and rice. plus plenty of juice and milk. an thats for all three days

Quoting Jessie8706:

id take him in t the ER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)