Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

living in denial....or just suffering from a superiority complex?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:39 AM
  • 10 Replies
When people say that middle easterners have no reason to hate Americans, I wonder what rock they've been under. I love our country, but there are several countries that have every right to hate us. And we shouldn't be so shocked that they fantasize about our demise.

But this is just my "liberal" viewpoint....and I'm sure many disagree.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOMby19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Whenever I hear that all I can think is "but we have the right to hate ALL of them?"

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:46 AM

i agree with you.  i think a far too many americans try to imagine what it's like from the other side.

MsJoa
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:48 AM
Yep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Why do they have the right to hate us? Because we stick up for the under-dog at great expense to our own people? Or is it because we are not afraid to stick up for ourselves when pushed to that point.

I really don't like the anti-war sentiment. Yes war sucks, and I would really rather not go that route, but sometimes it's just necessary. That is the God awful truth. 

art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:53 AM
Quoting serjil:

Why do they have the right to hate us? Because we stick up for the under-dog at great expense to our own people? Or is it because we are not afraid to stick up for ourselves when pushed to that point.

I really don't like the anti-war sentiment. Yes war sucks, and I would really rather not go that route, but sometimes it's just necessary. That is the God awful truth. 

I'm not anti-war..my husband is a marine. But I'm not going to tell you that your way of thinking is wrong, since everyone is entitled to their opinion.

serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM

If I am entitled to my opinion, how do you know I am wrong and you aren't. Opinions are just that, opinions, which is what your post is based on, in my opinion. I think your way of thinking is wrong. 

I thinks some people in every country has a right to hate us. Those innocent people who have been hit or killed by our artillery either by accident, or because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but there are other people in those same countries who are thankful we are there because they are no longer in fear of becoming victims of genocide by insane leaders. 

Quoting art.diva:

Quoting serjil:

I'm not anti-war..my husband is a marine. But I'm not going to tell you that your way of thinking is wrong, since everyone is entitled to their opinion.

lady_kira
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 AM

I disagree, what did I do? Or my neighbor? How about the person a state over that's never left their state? They have no reason to hate "us" Perhaps they dislike our government, but that's no reason to persecute millions of people that are merely guilty by association. And really, what country has never had a government or leader that committed crimes against another country? Not saying it's right, just saying that America has no worse of a history than many countries.

VitaBangBang
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 AM

I think we should have just been a neutral country. Stayed the fuck outta everyone else's business. 

art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Quoting lady_kira:

I disagree, what did I do? Or my neighbor? How about the person a state over that's never left their state? They have no reason to hate "us" Perhaps they dislike our government, but that's no reason to persecute millions of people that are merely guilty by association. And really, what country has never had a government or leader that committed crimes against another country? Not saying it's right, just saying that America has no worse of a history than many countries.

you didn't do anything..and I highly doubt someone across the globe has a personal vendetta against any one American. But I think you're also missing my point. People have the attitude that other nationalities have no reason to hold America in contempt....that everything our country has done is justified and other nations should be grateful. But who we are as a nation is judged by what the representatives of our country (politicians and military members) do. And we have commuted some major atrocities. Just look at what has just happened in Afghanistan....the murder of innocent civilians. I'm sure that community isn't flying the American flag right now.

I'm not saying that people have the right to attack us. I'm just saying that we shouldn't think our actions have no repercussions.

smurfiest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I agree! Heck, MOST of the world hate y'all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)