Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Mr. President.....here's how to fix the economy....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

Yes, this is a forward, but, it's interesting....what do YOU think?!

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing
 America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money onlavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lcappytan05
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:30 AM

I know this is just a joke and a forward, but I have to add my 2 cents...lol

First, is the million dollars taxable? If so, they wouldn't have a whole lot left after buying the house and car and retiring for the rest of their years to live off of...

Second, if the money is tax free, a million dollars is still not very much money in this world...I know that may sound selfish or whatever, but it's the truth. Depending on where these people live, it may not last very long...

Let's say these people don't invest and live another 50 years (making them 100 years old), do you (general you, not necessarily directing to the OP here) really think 1 million dollars is going to last them?

Then we face an even bigger problem long term and end up right where we are now...people with no money and no jobs....

Sorry, had to get that out...lol

serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 AM

Actually I was thinking it's not a bad idea. I don't think these fifty year olds if they lived another fifty years would even get a million dollars on retirement and social security. I don't know, because I'm not going to attempt the math. 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM

BUMP!

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I think people are trying to compensate for not really knowing WTH they're talking about. Let the president do his damn job, and STFU.

.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM
I wish that would work, but the best way to fix the economy is to let the free market work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy644
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Quoting SAMNMAYASMOM:

I think people are trying to compensate for not really knowing WTH they're talking about. Let the president do his damn job, and STFU.

Holy cow! Looks like having something stuffed up makes a person a very cranky woman.

My life story can't be a LIFETIME movie...It has to be

a

mini-series!

sweetalli07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I think encouraging the more American made automobiles is a good idea but the other parts eh not so much. JMO though.

stefvan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Actually, if that happened, we'd lose 1/2 of our staff in our section alone.  I'll take the over 50s any day over the new little twits coming out of college who think they know everything and don't know crap!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)