Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing birthday/holdiay plans...does this happen to you?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:45 AM
  • 18 Replies

Okay-ds birthday and Easter is just a few days apart. I had wanted to combine the two especially since Marc won't be around alot of family on Easter(I have a big family and they all spread out during most holidays). It's also his first birthday. Anyhow, my mom isn't happy with Easter at all. I'm not going to get into that one because it could cause this to go off topic lol. Dh has suggested that we have his birthday and Easter combined while at his parents and have a regular birthday party for the rest of the family.  I think dh's idea is fine. My side of the family still gets to see Marc and celebrate his birthday. I was just wondering if any of you ever have to change holiday  or birthday plans because something might make someone else unhappy? My mom loves her grandson-adores him so she may not even say anything at the party but she will complain to me--sigh.

tickledpink.jpg tickled pink image by wfreels

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeLuvYou
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:47 AM
Nope. We always have our sons birthday party on superbowl Sunday. If my parents have a problem with that it's their loss!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Quoting MeLuvYou:

Nope. We always have our sons birthday party on superbowl Sunday. If my parents have a problem with that it's their loss!!

duuude that is awesome.

I had this planned in my mind from the moment I found out ds birthday and Easter are within days. I've had this idea for a few months now-ds is five months.

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:49 AM

BUMP!

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:55 AM

BUMP!

MeLuvYou
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 AM
Yea. My ds was born the wednesday before superbowl so we have started to always have it that day. So when he gets older he will know that day is special just for him! ;)

Quoting tickled_pink09:

Quoting MeLuvYou:

duuude that is awesome.

I had this planned in my mind from the moment I found out ds birthday and Easter are within days. I've had this idea for a few months now-ds is five months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:01 AM

Quoting MeLuvYou:

Yea. My ds was born the wednesday before superbowl so we have started to always have it that day. So when he gets older he will know that day is special just for him! ;)

Quoting tickled_pink09:

Quoting MeLuvYou:

duuude that is awesome.

superbowl is a holiday in this house . Last year we had to watch it online(I found a site that played it lol).

That is so sweet and way awesome!!!

I figure ds birthday and Easter are only gonna be that close so many times in his young life.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:04 AM

i don't combine my son's birthday with holidays (he was born right between christmas and new year's).  i usually have his birthday party early, just because i actually want him to have a party without people skipping out because of the holidays.  this year, we're going to do a small party for family in san diego, and then have his big party here (japan) in mid-january for his friends.

i don't rearrange for anybody, unless it's looking like NOBODY can come.  for his first birthday, my MIL bitched because i was having his party the day before SIL's birthday.  i asked her what the big deal was... SIL was turning 16 that year.  surely she could differentiate between the DAY BEFORE her birthday and her actual birthday.  then last year, i had his party the weekend after my husband's birthday and he was like, "but i thought we were going to go out."  um... yeah.  a child's party is typically held during the day, and "going out" usually happens at night.  and?  (he eventually saw that we could do both)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:14 AM

DD's bday is in march so not near any holidays other than St. Pats.  My brothers bday is July 3rd so his was always combined with the fourth celebrations.

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:20 AM

Quoting nemiller:

i don't combine my son's birthday with holidays (he was born right between christmas and new year's).  i usually have his birthday party early, just because i actually want him to have a party without people skipping out because of the holidays.  this year, we're going to do a small party for family in san diego, and then have his big party here (japan) in mid-january for his friends.

i don't rearrange for anybody, unless it's looking like NOBODY can come.  for his first birthday, my MIL bitched because i was having his party the day before SIL's birthday.  i asked her what the big deal was... SIL was turning 16 that year.  surely she could differentiate between the DAY BEFORE her birthday and her actual birthday.  then last year, i had his party the weekend after my husband's birthday and he was like, "but i thought we were going to go out."  um... yeah.  a child's party is typically held during the day, and "going out" usually happens at night.  and?  (he eventually saw that we could do both)

Dh's birthday is December 13th and so he got his birthday and Christmas presents on the same day. He hated that.

That is a good key point-if NOBODY can come. I got more to planning than combining his birthday/holiday.Easter is gonna be at his parents with Marc doing a small Easter egg hunt:) Anyhow it seems that everyone works on a different day so I've got alot more to deal with lol.

tickled_pink09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

DD's bday is in march so not near any holidays other than St. Pats.  My brothers bday is July 3rd so his was always combined with the fourth celebrations.

my moms is on the fourth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)