Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your definition of a deadbeat dad?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:02 AM
  • 21 Replies
A man who walks away and doesn't look back? A man who is there for his kids financially but not emotionally? Or a man who is there physically but not financially?

OR all of the above?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:03 AM

Man thats there but doesnt care A man thats not there at all a man who chooses his new family over his old

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:07 AM

both a man who walks away and doesn't look back and a man who is there financially but NEVER there physically meaning he only pays childsupport to keep himself out of jail.

.Boricua
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:08 AM

and a man who doesnt support the child financially. Come on, babies cost money.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

both a man who walks away and doesn't look back and a man who is there financially but NEVER there physically meaning he only pays childsupport to keep himself out of jail.

BORICUAS DO IT BETTER!!!!!

tyra618
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:09 AM
A dead beat dad is my dad. He found out my mom was pregnant and never looked back. I'm 30 and never met him. he's never paid a dime. he's a coward
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_rios
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:10 AM
A man who walks away and doesn't look back? A man who is there for his kids financially but not emotionally. Both of these. And it depeneds on the last quesstion. You mean always physically there or just like a few days then gone type of thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeLuvYou
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:10 AM
Same thing with me!

Quoting tyra618:

A dead beat dad is my dad. He found out my mom was pregnant and never looked back. I'm 30 and never met him. he's never paid a dime. he's a coward

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 AM

A man who walks away and doesn't look back.

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:24 AM

a man who does not involve himself in his childs life and does not support them in the slightest.

anetrnlov
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Honestly?  Men who walk away and never look back I don't consider fathers at all.

Dead beat dads would be ones that can't provide everything we as parents are suppose to provide for our children....financial, physical, mental, etc.  Fathers who are mentally, physically, verbally abuse (whether in the picture or not).

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:31 AM

can't or wont? I can understand cant. I know one guy who after having his kids fell very Ill and could not provide anything for his kids. I don't feel that made him a dead beat. He would have if he could have

Quoting anetrnlov:

Honestly?  Men who walk away and never look back I don't consider fathers at all.

Dead beat dads would be ones that can't provide everything we as parents are suppose to provide for our children....financial, physical, mental, etc.  Fathers who are mentally, physically, verbally abuse (whether in the picture or not).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)