• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"YOU have WRINKLES!!!"

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

DS:  "You have Wrinkles - RIGHT HERE..." (Points to own face when smiling.... showing where laugh lines would be!)  

Gee, thanks.... 

Uh... Me:  "Those are parenthesis... laugh lines... that means you are good at laughing...."   

... Mind you, this is all because a commercial for some "Wellness and Beautification Spa" just played on the radio....  "Do you want to get rid of your wrinkles?"  Oh, thanks...   thanks for teaching my son about wrinkles.... he's 12.... and now thinking about wrinkles!!!!     

And just a couple weeks ago I got carded and told I didn't look old enough to buy beer at the grocery store!     But now DS is pointing out every fine line there is.... on my wrists.... neck.... etc....    

Guess I'll look for a job with the California Raisins... wonder if they need any golden ones?   

Sigh...  

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
massteria
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM

LOL!  I hear ya!  My son points things out all the time.  We recently moved to FL so my hair is getting lighter.  My 11 year old boy tried to tell me I was getting gray hairs....I am 31!  He also laughs when I don't get carded...he likes to tell me that means I am starting to look old now :)  Don't you just love what comes out of our children's mouths? 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Its nice to know we have parenthesis from being good smilers. So now what does it mean when we have crows feet too?

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

lmao too funny. My daughter calls my stretch marks zebra stripes 

bupkie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Its nice to know we have parenthesis from being good smilers. So now what does it mean when we have crows feet too?

Hmmmm... Dunno....  From all the exercise our eyes get looking from the backs of our heads, watching what our kids are doing, when they think we're not looking?   LOL!

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)