Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im so irate

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:17 AM
  • 22 Replies
i had to take my 3 year old to the doc yesterday for a cough that wont go away. Ends up he has an ear infection, but while wating on his doc my 3 month old pooped and i changed his diaper and he has blood in it. It was like a clump of mucus with bloody streaks. So i had to get him in to his doc (they see diff docs since my oldests dad has insurance on him i let him pic the doc). Well the babys doc was really concerned, bc hes had diarreha(sp) for almost 3 weeks now. So he wanted to me collect samples. Well my son pooped again later last night, more blood and there were black tarry chunks. Well most of it was absorbed in diaper so we called doc and they said take him and diaper to er, so we did. Well they ran the stool sample for stuff and everything came back negative so they sent him home like nothings wrong. They did an x ray too and that looked fine. Just because the blood work came back negative for infection doesnt mean nothings wrong!! Why is he bleeding blood?? But they dont care!!! Ugh i wanna know whats wrong. I hate docs!!! I told his sitter (who is my neighbor)that if he poops again and theres blood call me and ill take him back. Ugh im sooo mad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM

i would get a second opinion thats nothing to mess with

2beautygirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM
I dunno anything about it sorry but I'll say a prayer for your family if that's ok?
aih522wps63
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM
thank you

Quoting 2beautygirl:

I dunno anything about it sorry but I'll say a prayer for your family if that's ok?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM
Why did the doctor want you to go to the er?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM
i dont know if its that they dont care...but the er can only do so much. your baby's dr should see him and the samples. he can do more than the er can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Diarrhea or vomiting: A few episodes are usually not a big deal. Seek your doctor's help if either vomiting or diarrhea (very watery, sometimes mucus-tinged stools, occurring more frequently than your child's normal pattern) lasts for more than 24 hours or is accompanied by a fever, or if stools contain blood. Call right away if you see signs of dehydration: few or no wet diapers (or urine that is yellow instead of clear), dry skin, lack of saliva or tears, or sunken eyes or fontanel (the soft spot on your baby's head).

This is from the what to expect site

aih522wps63
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:56 AM

hes had diarrhea for 3 weeks almost

Quoting mamafor6:

Diarrhea or vomiting: A few episodes are usually not a big deal. Seek your doctor's help if either vomiting or diarrhea (very watery, sometimes mucus-tinged stools, occurring more frequently than your child's normal pattern) lasts for more than 24 hours or is accompanied by a fever, or if stools contain blood. Call right away if you see signs of dehydration: few or no wet diapers (or urine that is yellow instead of clear), dry skin, lack of saliva or tears, or sunken eyes or fontanel (the soft spot on your baby's head).

This is from the what to expect site

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Ok I have a real issue with ER doctors, mostly cause for the past year I have had some bad experiences, you need to get a REAL  doctor who will do tests & take your concerns into consideration, not just try to shoo you out the door. Sure you may have to wait a day or two for results but in the end it will be worth it. 

aih522wps63
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM

i took him to his doc first. i showed the er the lab order he did and they tested for the same stuff

Quoting lovelily79:

Ok I have a real issue with ER doctors, mostly cause for the past year I have had some bad experiences, you need to get a REAL  doctor who will do tests & take your concerns into consideration, not just try to shoo you out the door. Sure you may have to wait a day or two for results but in the end it will be worth it. 

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM

When my husband had a MIRSA infection ( due to a stunt having been placed in his brain a few wks earlier than symptoms showed up) I took him to the hospital at least four times. They kept sending him home until on the last trip I told them I refused to take him home and they needed to find out what's going on. Up until then he was complaining mainly of awful stomach pains and they kept sending him home with instructions to take antacid. Don't be afraid to be demanding !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)