Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Those Who Breastfed and Introduced the Sippy Cup

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM
  • 0 Replies

When my son was 6 months, we introduced the sippy cup. The only one he would take was the Nuk orthodontic He did really well with them and he was also breastfed. He got a sippy cup once a day with extremely diluted juice in it. He had already started cereal a few weeks prior. He continued to bf til 8 1/2 months and I have realized it's my fault he stopped when he did. See, I would nurse him, then an hour later give him food. I do plan on doing things differently with my daughter. I plan on nursing and then giving food immediately after, so she fills up more on the milk than the food and hopefully, I can nurse her til she's a year old.

My question is, for those of you who introduced the sippy, when did you do it and did it cause problems with nursing? And what do you put in it? My daughter takes a bottle,  but "maybe" once a week, and she takes the Nuk Ortho bottles that look just like the sippys but with diff nipples. My son got at least 2 bottles a day (pumped of course).  I just want her to be prepared and ready for a sippy by the time shes a year old. My son was completely off the bottle/breast by 9 months.

I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin,  schedule stickin to, as Green as I can get, SAHM of 2.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)