• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BULLY POLL

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do if you found out your child was a bully?

Options:

Punish the child

Nothing

Make my child so sorry

Other

more than one of these

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

Another post got me thinking  feel free to explain and share your bully stories and how it affected your life. If you were a bully then share your stories as well

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I would try to get to the heart of the issues and make my child improve her behavior.

MommyOnLI
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM

i would find out why and seek behavioral help.  

serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I was bullied from about fifth grade to seventh grade. I really don't know why. At one point in fifth grade I had only one person in my class who would talk to me, and she did only because she was just the nicest person in the class. It was a horrible time for me. I would go off on my son if I knew he bullied anyone. I've talked to him about it at length, and he knows it's wrong. 

JAIRATRACI
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:00 AM
My son would be in big trouble. He has a history of being mean for no reason. He has ADHD and ODD and he is bipolar. He is on medication but still will hit his brothers for no reason other than he felt like it. When you act like that you need to get into trouble not just talked to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Id bully him.
A_Renee
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I was never bullied nor was I a bully...

I know that I would NEVER put up with that kind of behavior out of either of my girls.  I don't know what I wiould do to them if I found out, but it would not be pretty.

Brianav
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Ooohhhh giiirrrlll...my dd would be in trouble like no other. Aside from being grounded...I would make her apologize to the kid and invite him/her over for some getting-to-know-eachother time (IF the other mother allows it).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DoinItMyWay
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM

She'd be in big trouble. I'm not really sure what to do as punishment in that situation that would make her learn her lesson?

I was a bully in HS. Around here it's either be a bully, or get bullied, and I just am not someone who just takes people's shit. You kind of have to prove yourself here. If people see you as a "bad ass" or something, then you don't get messed with, but if people see you tuck your tail between your legs and run away if someone confronts you or gets in your face about something, then people are going to start crap with you every chance they get.

I hate that people are like this here. Such immaturity, even in grown 40 something adults! And btw, I'm not like that anymore =)

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

We went through this with my sd.  Dh had full custody & she was bipolar.  it was a problem for quite a while.  he is how we handled it.

First, she was made to apoligize, in person, in front of us, not only to the child she was bullying but also to the parents.  We made sure she did not mumble, spoke clearly and loudly and stated what she had done in the apology.  Ex:  Kristin, I am sorry I pushed you down the stairs and it will never happen again.  Mr & Mrs. Smith.  I am sorry I bullied your daughter and I will never do it again.  At that point dh & I gave the parents our number incase it happened again.

Next, she had to write what she did, why she did it, why it was wrong and how she would feel if someone treated her that way.

Lastly, she would have to be a positive influence to the community some how...Usually picking up trash along our road or volunteering in the community somehow.

Last...No TV.

BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

If my son turned out to be a bully, he would have a lot of volunteer hours coming in to his life at the soup kitchen, shelter , picking up trash.  as well as personally donating his toys with his own hands to those less fortunate. I would also be heartbroken and work with our family therapists to determine what was at the root of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)