Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a bad mother because i let my son play a video game

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM
  • 27 Replies
So I'm on the train bringing my son to school. Some woman is yelling and cursing at her son who is about 2 because he's not sitting still. Yet I'm the one who is a bad parent because some other woman decides that my son should not be allowed to play his psp. My son is 6 and she says he is to young and that I'm a bad mother because I let him play the game and that he probably can't read. So I just said as calm as possible that he is only allowed to play the game when he's outside because we travel 2 hrs in the morning and again in the afternoon to his school (1 bus and 3 trains) then I told him to read 3 different advertisements and guess what he did with no problems and then my stop came and we left with her looking like a fool. I think I handled that ok I really wanted to smack her and curse her out but I didn't think that would have been a good example for my son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brianav
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Wow, some people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern_momof2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Your not a bad parent because of it. If it works for your family that's fine. My 6 year old isn't allowed to play games. When we travel long distances, he usually reads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DoinItMyWay
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM

What game was he playing?

naumann24
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I think you went about it great, cause lie you I would have wanted to smack her as well. who are other people to tell you, that you are a bad mom when clearly you are not. I say good job for the way you handled the whole situation. I was told 2 years ago that I was a bad mom because my tongue was pierced, my son and his friend were no longer allowed to hang out because of it. some parents think their sh*t don't stink, when it does. we are all the same or so we try to set a good example for our children.

A_Renee
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM

good job at handling that....

these days my temper is pretty bad I am might have lost it....

You are not a bad parent..at all... I let my 8 yo play vidoe games...she has had a Ds and a DSi for the past couple of years...she has some educational games and some just for fun....I remember when I was a kid, we use to sit for hours in front of that Nintendo...I love it!

serjil
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Some people are just busy bodies. It's funny that all of the ignorant people are the ones to say something to you. I'm glad you left her looking stupid. 

Nicole5321
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Hmmm... I must be a bad mother too.  My son plays gets to play video games and computer games when he is good at school.  He's in first grade but reads at a third grade level.

KreatingMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Why do women always make these kinds of posts? So someone called you a bad mother, who cares what she thinks.

EmmyCora
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Quoting KreatingMe:

Why do women always make these kinds of posts? So someone called you a bad mother, who cares what she thinks.

Why be snarky? How about just not commenting? She had an experience and felt like sharing, maybe looking for support from other moms, maybe just venting. Either way, you're not the post police. If you're that bored, go do something constructive.

Spring_Mommy
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM
Wow then I must be a horrible mother ;) my daughter plays video games and loves books!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)