Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I ask you ladies for some help?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am going to be putting my grocery list together this evening and would like to change my meals up as much as possible.

Can you give me your favorite meal with recipe?

No food allergies in this house ( well im allergic to jalipinos) but none other then that.

No picky eatter either.- ok i lied i HATE country sausage lol

I would love to do diffent ethnic foods as well.

Thank you !

If you would like I will PM you/ update this post after we make your favorite meal and tell you how it turned out and how the kids liked it!

Are you a gamer?

Come join us at Xbox Mommies

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NavyWifey122305
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM

BUMP!

Ladypurple
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

If you have the Internet you can look up new meals at  meals.com and they have all diff types of meal ideas..

dustinsmom1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I've got a great easy recipe for chicken marsala if you'd like! Use good sherry though, not cooking Sherry, makes a big difference. This recipe is approx 4 servings.

(allrecipes.com is awesome!)

CHICKEN MARSALA

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine
  • 1/4 cup cooking sherry

Directions

1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
  2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
MomtoJMC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

If you have a crock pot you can do this recipe:  put 3 or 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (or you can even use pork chops) in crock pot.  Use a crock pot liner bag or spray bottom with vegetable oil spray first.  Then in a small bowl mix 1 can of golden mushroom soup, 1 pkg. of dry onion soup mix and 1/4 cup of water.  When mixed, pour over the chicken (or pork chops) in the crock pot.  You can also add sliced onion and small jar of mushrooms if you like.  Set crock pot on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.  I usually just cook it for 6 hours.  You can put it on rice or just serve alone with other side dishes and vegetables.  My kids and I love it!eating

s.marie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

One of my favorites is grilled eggplant, covered with a little olive oil, garlic and basi,l served with whole wheat pasta and veggie loaded spaghetti sauce.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM

BBQ spare ribs... Go to your local farmer's market/butcher and order 4.5lbs of pork ribs. 

You will need 1 onion, spare ribs and 1 large bottle of bbq sauce (or 2 smaller ones)

Slice the onion and layer the bottom of the crock pot. 

Smother in bbq sauce.

Add a layer of ribs,

Smother in bbq,

add a layer of ribs,

smother in bbq 

etc etc until you used all of the ribs. 

Cook on low for 8-10 hours

DELISH! 

(PS I usually serve this with home made mashed potatoes and fresh steamed veggies)

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:27 AM

make a boston butt pork roast - then you can do alllll sorts of stuff with it. pork with pinto beans and rice. shredded pork tacos, pulled/shredded pork bbq, enchiladas. I jsut used some to make a soup - sweated onions and minced garlic, while roasting a red pepper and 2 small/1 large zucchini. then I added quartered mushrooms, a diced tomato, a couple ounces of tomato puree, and 3 large slices of grilled eggplant (you can find bags of this in the freezer section). I use chicken stock for the liquid. cut up the roasted pepper and zucc and add to the pot. you can flavor this many ways - I like cilantro and a little hot sauce. it took about 45 minutes start to finish - including roasting the veg. 

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM

OOH I have another favorite...

BBQ PULLED PORK

a 3-4 pound shoulder pork roast.

Put the pork roast in the crock pot, sprinkle cinnamon all over and the bottom of the crock pot.  Add 1/2 cup of APPLE JUICE. 

Cook on low for 10-12 hours.

Remove from crockpot, put in a bowl and shred.  Then mix sweet and tangy BBQ sauce and serve on buns

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

If you try either of mine, PM me and let me know how it came out!!

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I was totally hoping this was your "my kid swallowed a dime" post 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)