Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I stay or should I go......Please at least open!! Small update- Update again!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:21 AM
  • 36 Replies

To the doctor that is. For the last week or so I've been having stomach pains on and off. Sometimes so severe I can't move, other times its just a dull aching. Yesterday after a very stressful conversation with my ex the stomach pain hit me HARD! I was doubled over with shooting pains in my lower abdomen so I crawled to the couch and laid down for awhile. I probably would have went to the ER but I was here with my kids alone and I had no one to come take me. It got better after about an hour and I could at least walk but I was hunched over kinda. When I sit down I get the shooting pain all the way from my butt up into my lower abdomen. I am kind of concerned that it might just be something as simple as constipation which is why I have been putting off going to urgent care or the doctor. My mom and bf are really concerned about this however and keep pushing me to go. I just don't want to spend the money on a doctor apt if it is something simple! I have pain this morning but its managable. Yesterday at its worse I would say it was a 9, trouble breathing because it made it hurt more. This morning I would say a 4-5 unless I push on my stomach, laugh, cough, or sneeze.

A little back round- I have a problem with chronic UTI's and Yeast infections. This doesn't feel like either. I had PID(Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) in July. I also have problems with Hemmoroids and constipation but honestly I've never had pain like this.

So I guess my question to you ladies is......Have you ever had pain like this? Do you think this warrents a doctor visit?

Ok I called the family doctor. I have an appointment at 2. The nurse said if the pain gets past a 6 to go to urgent care or ER. Hopefully it doesn't but I'm feeling worse then I did when I got up so we will see! I will update again if I end up going to the ER or after my doctor appointment! Thanks for the replies ladies!!

Update- Ok so I went to the doc at 2 and she was convinced I had appendicitis. I drove myself to the ER so my kiddos wouldn't have to come too(thank goodness because my little one ended up getting sick while I was there) When I got to the ER I started filling out the paperwork and my pinky and ring finger on my right hand started to go numb. I went and sat down in the waiting area for about 5 minutes and then got called back to triage. While they were taking my blood pressure and such my other hand started going numb too. They were asking me to verify who I was and all that and my mouth went numb. I started freaking out and they told me I needed to slow down my breathing, aparently I was hyperventilating. I ended up passing out I guess because the next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm and oxygen on my face! I was really scared because I was there alone and had NO idea what had happened lol. After I calmed down they moved me to another ER room and did a pelvic. I had no pain or tenderness inside me so they ruled out my cervix and uterus as the problem. I drank some yellow contrast and an hour later got a CT scan. My appendix ended up being fine (thank god because I didn't want surgery!) but they did find an Ovarian cyst that had ruptured. They gave me Dilauded(sp) for pain but it didn't make a difference except I felt loopy lol. I sat there for another hour after that and called for the nurse 4 times to come take my IV out. I ended up pulling it out myself (stupid I know) because it was hurting my arm. They kinda freaked out but it was ok. I got discharged around 8-8:30pm and drove myself home. I got a RX for the vaginal infections and Vicoden but I'm not taking the Vicoden because it isn't doing anything for me. My final DX was- Bacterial Viginosis, yeast infection, and ruptured Ovarian cyst. They said to follow up with a doc if I don't feel better in 2 days. Thanks again for all the replies ladies! I'm just glad it wasn't too serious!

Antavious James (3yr 6 mo 39lbs 40in) In his Britax Frontier!

Ryland Alexander(20mo 30lbs 32in) ERF in a Graco My Ride 65

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM

hmmm any cysts or ulcers before?

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

No idea about Ulcers. I was told I *may* have ovarian cysts in May when I was having side pain but it went away so I figured they were wrong.

Quoting prego7386:

hmmm any cysts or ulcers before?

sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Do you have a IUD?  I had the Mirena a few years ago and it slipped and caused me extreme pain like you described.  You may want to go get checked out.  It could be ovarian cysts too.  Or Kidney Stones maybe?  Good Luck and keep us posted.

sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM

If it is Ovarian Cysts they can give you a prescription for it.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I had the Paraguard up until July when I got the PID.  They removed it. They tried to put another in last week but they couldn't get it in there because I had my cervix cryogenically frozen a couple years ago and apparently I have scar tissue. The pain started after that but it stopped on Saturday probably. This is NOT the same kind of pain either.

Quoting sh2991ba:

Do you have a IUD?  I had the Mirena a few years ago and it slipped and caused me extreme pain like you described.  You may want to go get checked out.  It could be ovarian cysts too.  Or Kidney Stones maybe?  Good Luck and keep us posted.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM

BUMP!

FuzzybugsMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Constipation, sometimes gas hurts that low and that bad. Trust me, I'd know. Cysts, ulcers, do you have your appendix? It could be giving you problems. That sounds similar to what my cousin felt before his ruptured. He had appendicitis and it made him pretty sick, then when he threw up once, it made it rupture. From what I understand, it was excruciating.

Could it be cramps of some kind? I'm not sure what happens when they freeze your cervix? I've never heard of that before. Sorry. :(    Hope you get it sorted out.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Yea I have my appendix. I don't have a fever so I don't think its that (hopefully) Its not cramps. I had cramps last week after the failed attempt to put a new IUD in but those subsided on Saturday. Constipation and gas are a definite possibility but IDK lol.

When they froze my cervix (2years ago) they put some chemical up there that burned/froze about 1/4in of my cervix off because I had cancerous cells. It really didn't cause much pain though.

Quoting FuzzybugsMommy:

Constipation, sometimes gas hurts that low and that bad. Trust me, I'd know. Cysts, ulcers, do you have your appendix? It could be giving you problems. That sounds similar to what my cousin felt before his ruptured. He had appendicitis and it made him pretty sick, then when he threw up once, it made it rupture. From what I understand, it was excruciating.

Could it be cramps of some kind? I'm not sure what happens when they freeze your cervix? I've never heard of that before. Sorry. :(    Hope you get it sorted out.

MarchMarie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

yup to the doc for you... go go go

thatgirl70
by Carin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Sounds like it might be gallbladder or kidney stones (I had gallbladder). Yes, you should definitely get it checked out by someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)