Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 doctors and 2 months later...vent!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ok a little background. my daughter is 15 months old and has had a horrible cough for 2 months now. i have taken her to 3 different doctors to see what is causing it and yesterdays visit to the urgent care finally gave us our answer. its fluid build up in her ears and its got pretty bad. she has to have tubes put in. i am livid because her pediatrician did not see that before now! ok sorry vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Earthangel0107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earthangel0107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyblujems
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I'm sorry porr baby....

sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Aw good luck with the tubes!  My DD had the same problem once, we went to the dr so many times before they realized.  But they won't put tubes in her ears yet (she's 1 and has a compromised immune system), so we deal with this cough on a regular basis. 

Earthangel0107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Im sorry mama! i hope she gets better soon! i know how rough that can be

Quoting sh2991ba:

Aw good luck with the tubes!  My DD had the same problem once, we went to the dr so many times before they realized.  But they won't put tubes in her ears yet (she's 1 and has a compromised immune system), so we deal with this cough on a regular basis. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caydesmom328
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM

My daughter has a cough for the longest time and the ped. just kept saying it was a cold. I went to the ER one night because she threw up when she was having a coughing fit. The doc there walked in and right off the bat said allergies....i couldnt believe that it took me three trips to the ped and only 2 seconds at the ER to figure it out!!

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:49 AM

WOW thats crazy mama! Hope everything gets better soon!

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM

it took 4 doctors and a year to figure out my sons cough was a cat allergy.. He even got the tube surgery.

my3boys0710
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Quoting ladyraven16:

WOW thats crazy mama! Hope everything gets better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Maybe that is why my 1 yr old has had a cough since June of this year. She also vomits after coughing. Did your little one do that also?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)