Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LICE DIAIRES (part 3)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 20 Replies

ughh for about a week and a half now we have been dealing with live. We have tried EVERYTHING. The day I discovered it, I soaked my daughters hair in mayo while going to the store to get those "awesome" combs and other treatments. We combed combed combed treated treated treated. We have tried smothering them in vaseline, baby oil, washed her hair with the live treatment shampoos, we have done the tea tree oil stuff. I bought a dryer JUST so that I could do tlaundry at home (instead of laundry mat) I sprayed myc ar down. I even cut my daughters hair (i was tired of the drama anyways, and he lice really had nothing to do with it)I then found my 1.5 year old son had it as well , so we did all the same stuff,  but they are still there, I CAN NOT GET RID OF THESE MOFOS. Maybe if they snet kids home from school when they find out they have them then itd be easier but since they are allowed to go to school with it, they probably keep passing it on and on and on. Im tired of this!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM

oh lice is the WORST pain in the ass when kids get it. I have done the mayo thing, olive oil thing, otc lice killer like once a month for a whole summer. I know there is a lice killer that you can get from your pedi. but I hear it's really harsh but it works

sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

There is a new prescription pill for Lice.  I saw it in a health magazine.  Supposedly it is the most effective treatment available.  It's called Ivermectin or something.

sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Here is a link about it.

gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

You need to wash all the sheets, blankets, furniture, carpets..... everything in your house.

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:58 AM

also once you do get rd of the little bastards, if your daughter goes to school or is around a lot of kids, put mousse, gel or hair spray in her hair, also putting the hair up in pony tails & braids helps too cause the areas lice like to be in are exposed & they don't like that. Lice can't get a good grip on the hair so they avoid hair products. That's what I do cause during my research that summer I found out they love some clean hair. 

I have never wanted to shave both my daughter's head so bad till they got lice

mykidsmom512

The lice might be under the mattresses or under the couches. Vacuum or steam clean under everything. Also if curtains are near the beds, take them down and wash them too.

Good luck.

amanda_norris60

have you vacuumed all mattress' and furniture? also borax in your carpet for a couple of days,.bagged up all stuffed animals (hell i bagged up anything with cloth on it!)and i also redo the baby oil every Friday when they get off the bus just to be safe! we had a bad infestation in out neighborhood and the school so i know how you feel! we have been lice free for 3 weeks but my kids still dont have any toys back yet because i dont feel safe taking them out of the bags just yet! Good luck! i hope you get rid of those things soon if not call the doctor and he will give you a prescription for a stronger treatment!

AnnaBright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Vacume vacume vacume! Their rooms and mattresses, Treat their hair and bedding, furniture every other day even if you don't see anything for at least a week. We had it last year and all the *home remedy* stuff just didn't work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeybee69
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Been there done that!

Try putting some tea tree oil in your shampoos too.

I had to vacumm a couple times a day, the car too. Make sure you vacumm the couches too.

ChellaWella
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Lice are a nightmare my sister s kids struggled with lice for a year my sisters wasn't on top of it . i didn't want it to effect my kids so i had to tell her that once the lice stuff was under control then she can come over i feel so bad i had to do that but lice treatment is sooo expensive. i simply couldn' tafford my dd getting it again. Ok here is what helped me get the problem under control in about 2 weeks Instead of every 10 days applying the treatment i did it every 3 i used this all natural shampoo my momma got me for me and it worked . i should ask her whats it called so i can  give u the name. Ok after that i took all of my bedding my DD bedding my sons Bedding Rugs and anything fabric like curtains and stuffed toys and i had them Washed in Hot water . dryed the stuff longer to make sure it killed and popped any eggs. i also used this spray for carpets and fabric furniture like sofas .after 2 weeks of being OCD the problem went away. the key is killing the lice removing eggs by hand as well as by the comb and shampoo basically u have to sit there hours on end this is why i hate lice and put my dd's hair up when shes in school . i would inform her school this way they can check other students for lice and have them get the situation under control so ur dd doesn't get it again and again and again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)