Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you handle it?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

this is for women who are not with your child(s) father. does your child ask a lot of questions that you really don't want to answer? i split up with my dd's dad when she was a little of a year old. i have a ds who is almost 3 with my current dh. around the time ds was born dd started in with a ton of questions. i always answer her to the best of my abilities. she is now 6 and still asks a lot of question. the main one she asks is "why would God make jr my dad and kevin mason's dad? i don't like my family split up." she has a great relationship with her dad and stepdad. she just seems sad and confused about the whole situation. i really don't know what to say to her. any advice is welcome. if you need more info just  ask.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM

BUMP!

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM

BUMP!

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

i know some of you have to some kind of advice.

dbldogdare
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM

My sister was always very honest with her son about his biodad. She doesn't have any other kids but he's now 15 and very well adjusted. Just be honest and tell her that you and her dad weren't right for each other but you are so glad that you have her. Or something to that effect. Sorry, kids questions are difficult no matter what. lol

MaeHamMomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I answer as honestly as I can without demeaning their biological father.

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM

My parents split when I was 5 and my dad got remarried right away to my godmother. My mom didn't remarry until I was like 15. But I remember asking my dad why he wasn't with my mom anymore and he said that things just didn't work well with them together but that he would always love my mom cuz she gave him me!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)