Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sister wives gay marrige ect.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM
  • 14 Replies
Why is the law trying to make these people pay for something the believe in.

I myself for me do not believe in either but would never fathom telling someone who does they are wrong. Not everyone believes in the same things thats whats great about living in a free country. I wish the law would step out of what 2 consiting adults want to do with their life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.thickie.thick.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 AM

what happend w / the sister wive people?

ChellaWella
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM

cause ppl are ignorant..... and hate/fear what they dont understand.

imthatgirl728
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM

It's not against the law to be in a gay relationship. No one will come arrest you.

I think with the Sister Wives thing it just boils down to he should have kept his mouth shut. why did he feel the need to bring attention to his family? He must know the law. Why would he think he could go on national television without repercussions?

mrs.phillips123
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM
I think it's pretty silly to compare the two. They are totally different things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuddhaBaby8606
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I agree with you. If two (or more) consenting adults are happy with living their lives this way they should be left do it. They aren't hurting anyone, they are happy, their children are happy and loved, cared for... leave them be.

And I personally think he went public, like some gays have done, to bring notice to the fact that this kind of thing is not bad, its just another way of life.

LeAnaR
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I am all for gay marriage and polygamy as long as no children are hurt in the matter. Sometimes laws suck!

LeAnaR
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

clapping

Quoting ChellaWella:

cause ppl are ignorant..... and hate/fear what they dont understand.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Haha! Yes they do!

Quoting LeAnaR:

I am all for gay marriage and polygamy as long as no children are hurt in the matter. Sometimes laws suck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife2009101
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I don't think she as comparing she was grouping. She was asking why does the government feel the need to tell people they can only marry one person and that person must be the opposite sex.

Quoting mrs.phillips123:

I think it's pretty silly to compare the two. They are totally different things.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM

But it's sad that they should have to keep quiet about it, that's the point. What he is doing is actually better than sleeping around with random women, making kids, not taking responsibility for them. That should be illegal, not this!

Quoting imthatgirl728:

It's not against the law to be in a gay relationship. No one will come arrest you.

I think with the Sister Wives thing it just boils down to he should have kept his mouth shut. why did he feel the need to bring attention to his family? He must know the law. Why would he think he could go on national television without repercussions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)