Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever just given up (on a medical issue?)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM
  • 6 Replies

I had my GB out a couple years ago and have had nothing but issues ever since I spent 2 years going back and forth trying to figure out whats going on I have given up being poked proded put to sleep and all else. My hubby says Im nuts for doing  it what do you think

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM

My entire life I have had random, aching pains in my limbs. Happens at any time of the day, but mostly at night. My earliest memories are of my mother rubbing my legs and me crying. I've been to many doctors, and have found nothing out. I was 17 when they started giving me a narcotic pain killer and it's the only thing that worked, but they didn't bother finding out why I was in pain. So i gave up (i'm turning 25 in dec.) until now my 4 year old comes to me at night telling me his legs hurt. So for my son, I will continue looking for an answer, but if he wasn't in pain, i would give up. it's so bad, i can't use a manual can opener, right now typing this my arms are aching. i had thought it was arthritis, but i guess it's not, and it's not even in my joints, it's in my muscles. so yes, i gave up on this for years.

bluemonkeygirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I know it's frustrating. 

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM

It really is I have had every test ran at least twice and they still have no clue. I have been on tons of meds and changed my diet and nothing Now my doc calls and says hey we need you here for another blah blah test and I said NO

Quoting bluemonkeygirl:

I know it's frustrating. 

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM

oh im so sorry hugs to you and your son

Quoting Mamie_85:

My entire life I have had random, aching pains in my limbs. Happens at any time of the day, but mostly at night. My earliest memories are of my mother rubbing my legs and me crying. I've been to many doctors, and have found nothing out. I was 17 when they started giving me a narcotic pain killer and it's the only thing that worked, but they didn't bother finding out why I was in pain. So i gave up (i'm turning 25 in dec.) until now my 4 year old comes to me at night telling me his legs hurt. So for my son, I will continue looking for an answer, but if he wasn't in pain, i would give up. it's so bad, i can't use a manual can opener, right now typing this my arms are aching. i had thought it was arthritis, but i guess it's not, and it's not even in my joints, it's in my muscles. so yes, i gave up on this for years.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM

BTW I love your screen name its cute

Quoting bluemonkeygirl:

I know it's frustrating. 

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)