Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop with the jokes.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM
  • 34 Replies

I watch a little girl 8 hours a day (4:45am-1:15p). Sometimes 12 if she gets OT or picks it up.  I give her breakfast, lunch and a snack and dinner and another snack if she is her 12 hours. She does not provide food. I get paid three dollars an hour. She asked me yesterday if when her baby is born would I be willing to watch both. I am thinking 3 bucks for that child also. She offers me a dollar. I tried not to laugh and I think I am going to ask for 6 bucks for both. It would a 6 week old and a 3 year old. Is 6 bucks too much? Or too little? They both work where dh does so I know they are not making too little. But they have a camper, 2 new cars, and 4 wheelers and who know what else. Is it too much to ask for a little more?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILive4This
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I've never done childcare, but that doesn't sound like even remotely enough money for you to be making!

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM

she's getting an awesome deal, you're getting screwed lol 

lillynbraedyn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Um I get paid 15dols a hour when I babysit my niece. 6dols a hour isn't nothing especially with a newborn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillymommy28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM
I used to charge 5 an hour per child and made them provide food, so I think 6 bucks for both is doing them a favor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM

for the long hours, and the fact that your provide all the food i would think that is not nearly enough money for even one child. for two? a dollar an hour for the baby? so like 12 dollars a day? LOL, seriously??

nlelias
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Ya you should totally charge $3 each$ I pay 2.50/hour so really cheap but if you're providing the meals you are def getting screwed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarineWifeyy
6 doesn't even seem like enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellyReedy

Uh no!  Some places charge way more for new borns!  $6 is cheap for her.  If I were you, I'd call around day cares and see if they provide meals and what the daily rate is....for up to 12 hours.  Then, tell her that and compromise.  But a $1?  I used to babysit 2 kids when I was like 17 (i'm 39 now) and they paid me $5 an hour, plus fed me!

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I would be asking for more if i where you.

Forever-Young
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Are you serious? That is crazy, your getting screwed over big time. Id at LEAST charge 8 an hr for the 3 yr old and probably 12 an hr for the newborn. Wow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)