Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would it look if I wore this dress? POLL ADDED

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

Great dress, would look nice on the Bride (in her late 20's) for casual wedding

Great dress, would look nice on the Bride (in her late 30's and older) for casual wedding

Nice dress, but not for a wedding

Ugly dress.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

How would I look wearing this dress as a Bride?

I don't want a traditional wedding gown and I don't want a white dress. Our wedding and reception will be in April or May in a garden. Semi Casual. about 40 guests.

I really love this dress, but I'm worried that I'll be dressed more like a guest instead of the bride.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/in…

and when i look at the reviews on this website of people who bought the dress, they are all positive, but they are all from woman over the age of 40..some woman 50 years old. I'm 28 and wondering if this dress is more for older women?? what do you think? thanks.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwo103
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I love it! Very classy! great taste!

Rebeccaroe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM
I think it's more for older women. But it's pretty it's your day wear what you want and like
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
massteria
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I think it looks great.  I wouldn't say it is for older women at all.  Just dress it up with heals, accessories and great hair and makeup.  You will look fabulous on your big day!

MommyAnnaBanana

I think it is lovely.  But the neck ruffles kinda look like a lei.

Lisabrenner

it's pretty, but for someone older and not for a bride.  Just my opinion

ZoeCY
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I would think that you would look more like a guest.  I also think that it is probably for older women.  However, it is your day wear whatever you want and feel comfortable in!!  Congratulations!!

Pink2442
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I like the dress.  But if you like it thats the important thing.  Who cares what anyone else thinks it's your day!

mama_21
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I love it! It's beautiful! I would wear it, and I'm 23 lol, so I think it would be just fine. =)

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I really love this dress. Like op said , nice heels, great hair, makeup, you will  look wonderful. Congrats.

scootermom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Quoting massteria:

I think it looks great.  I wouldn't say it is for older women at all.  Just dress it up with heals, accessories and great hair and makeup.  You will look fabulous on your big day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)