Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What pain is worse than childbirth?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM
  • 199 Replies

Im the first person to say, labor for me was HELL. I was 6 cent dialted before i had an epi, and then it only worked on one half of my body, so that was some EXTREME pain. But, i think that the abscess tooth Im suffering from right now, the pain was worse than labor last night. I couldnt talk or swallow, my gum feels like its about to explode. I have meds now but before i did, wow. Severe severe pain. That and a true migrane is worse that having a baby, imo. How about you? Whats worse? Oh and eta, im not a baby about pain either. Ive had problems in my back since i was 14 so im used to dealing with pain on a daily basis.

Peace- Meghan.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAnnaBanana
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM

The closest I ever came to pain of that magnitude would be gall stones.

BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Kidney stones for me were 10 times worse than giving birth. I am sorry to hear you have an absessed tooth. YIKES.

WhiskeyRiver
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Labor was great for me. I was 10 cm when I walked into the hospital and they told me I wasn't in enough pain to be in labor.  The worst pain for me was when I had my knee kicked out from under me and it went into my other knee. I still have to wear a brace 10 years later.

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Apendicites and an absesed tooth

Jess821
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM
I never had labor pains/contractions so I have NO how that feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tashibaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I have yet to find a pain as bad as labor. But i had a natural birth with my 1st and I got a particle epi with my daughter because i couldn't get passed 9 1/2 cm because of back labor. Try being 9 1/2 cm for 6 hours by that time i was so pissed off!

CTRedSoxMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I had labor, and 2 c-sections and I would say kidney stones, and getting my wisdom teeth out were worse...

vannahsmommy008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM

torsion cyst on my ovary and fallopian tube the worst! had my ovary and tube removed 100xs worse than my labor pain

ddhb2007

Having my uterus turn inside out after delivery was 1000 times more painful than giving birth.  I would say a really bad migraine is about 5 times worse than delivery.

IhartU

Quoting BlacksheepSati:

Kidney stones for me were 10 times worse than giving birth.

I totally agree! I've had to pass kidney stones four times (and my kidneys are still full of them so it's going to happen again- unfortunately) and it hurts so badly I wanted to just die. It's unlike labor pain because it's constant. With contractions at least you get a second of down time to regroup and prepare for the next one. With kidney stones it's constant, never-ending, excruciating pain and no mater how you stand, sit or lie down, you can't make it fade or go away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)