• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not eating during pregnancy?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm 31 weeks along with my second. By 12 weeks, I had lost 12lbs. And i'm still down the 12lbs.

I simply cannot eat this pregnancy. I'm rarely hungry and idk why. When i AM hungry, I eat. But I'm taking in maybe 700 calories a day TOPS. Everything STILL makes me nauseous. I can eat a banana in the morning and a piece of toast at night and not be hungry the rest of the day. If i force myself to eat, I end up sick. Which i think is even WORSE than not eating :(

I'm worried it will have a negative impact on my daughter. My dr isn't concerned about it, because she's growing just fine. She's actually ahead in growing, so he bumped my due date up.

I'm just paranoid. Has this happened to anyone else?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NikkiPhoenix
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I am 21 weeks and have no real appitite.  Was in the hospital for dehydration at 13 weeks and only gained 3 lbs so far.  Not worried as long as baby is growing. 

Good Luck.

KyKosMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I never kept off the weight after I started the meds but if your doctor isn't worried, calm down. The worrying may hurt her more than the lack of food. She will take from you what she needs so as soon as she is born you will need extra nutrients.And make sure you are getting enough iron. I was anemic (but didn't know) due to things that made me sick during pregnancy and I hemorrhaged after my required c-section. Good luck.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I was that way with  my pregnancies.  You have to force yourself to eat something.  My dr said it is better to eat and toss some of it than not eat at all because you will retain something.  Also make it small frequent meals.....I mean small.  Get things you crave or that is easy on the stomach.  It isn't easy when you suffer like that. 

nettey79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM

In the first three months of pregnancy with my second son I had lost 20 pounds and by the end of the pregnancy I had only gained about 12 pounds. When my ds was  born he was 8 pounds 13 ounces, and was released from the hospital 24 hours later. So no problems.

Just try to eat little things, I think I was only able to eat was apple sauce and fruit cups (the snack size ones) through most of the pregancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)