Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living Arrangements Driving Me Nuts

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

Back Story -

DH retired from the Navy in August. He had a job lined up and the plan is to live with family til first of the year. Well the job fell threw and now he is working 3 part time jobs and I am working 1. Non of these jobs pay enough in our area to cover rent, storage, truck payment, utilities and food. Right now we are paying $1600 which covers rent, storage and truck payment. An for that one person that says well he shouldn't of gotten out well he did 20 years and was medically retired and it takes several months for the VA to get things prepared for him to recieve disablity.

BTW we are living with his sister, her husband and their grandson who is almost 3. Their daughter moved out and living next door with her girlfriend.

This moring my vent-

If anyone has seen the news San Fran is getting unseasonable weather. Yesterday was in the 100's. DD10 was running late on home work last night so she couldn't take a shower so we get up 45mins early so she can take a shower.

My SIL starts to get pissed because her #1 rule no one but her is allowed in the bathroom well I don't give a shit DD10 needed a shower and SIL isn't working today so what should the big deal be.

Then DD asked me to get her some clothing well I couldn't find what she wanted and just put a really cute outfit together. DD gets up set and starts to cry.

SIL grabs her by the arm leads her out side and yells at her about making noise. #2 of the house No one is to make any kind of noise or even speak as their grandson is sleeping. I think that is BULL SHIT I have 2 kids and you don't want me speaking to my kids????

I am at my wits end I am thinking about taking the kids and just being homeless til DH finds a job so we can find a place.

Most places in this area want first and last months rent plus were new to the area so we have to pay deposits on ulities and every place we have looked at has a $1000 deposit on dogs.

WTF should we do??

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
caelynandcody
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

It sounds like you DEFINITELY need to sit down with you SIL and talk to her about these "rules". Okay, Rule #1 is that only SHE can be in the bathroom? Does she mean in the morning? lol. And Rule #2? No one can speak because they might wake up the grandson, yet she YELLS at your daughter about being quiet? LMAO!

There needs to be some compromise. She's going to have to realize that sometimes new house rules need to be made to accomodate the situation. But you might want to talk to her quickly so you and she can BOTH get some resolution to the situation.

Good luck with everything! I know how frustrating it is to have to live with someone.

caelynandcody
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I just thought of something else: If you are paying her RENT to be there, they you should have some say-so in the way things are run. If she wants to make ALL the rules, maybe you should pay her less. I bet she would be more willing to compromise if she wasn't going to get as much money.

beerebelly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Congratulations on your husbands retirement.  If it has been 2 months since he got out shouldn't he be receiving a pension?

Susan262
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Her house, her rules.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Yes no one can use the bathroom other then to quickly potty. 

I have talked to her so has DH and she says she wont bend. I don't know how she raised her kids but sorry my kids like to do there hair and brush there teeth but she throws a fit if they do any of that. There is only 1 bathroom.

She took my daughter out side to yell at her. Sorry but I don't know how anyone can go with out speaking in the morning there are things to remind and just basic talking in the morning you know.

Quoting caelynandcody:

It sounds like you DEFINITELY need to sit down with you SIL and talk to her about these "rules". Okay, Rule #1 is that only SHE can be in the bathroom? Does she mean in the morning? lol. And Rule #2? No one can speak because they might wake up the grandson, yet she YELLS at your daughter about being quiet? LMAO!

There needs to be some compromise. She's going to have to realize that sometimes new house rules need to be made to accomodate the situation. But you might want to talk to her quickly so you and she can BOTH get some resolution to the situation.

Good luck with everything! I know how frustrating it is to have to live with someone.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Pension kicks in Nov. 1st but its not enough to cover rent in this area and now that DH is enrolled in school were a bit stuck for at lease till June.

Quoting beerebelly:

Congratulations on your husbands retirement.  If it has been 2 months since he got out shouldn't he be receiving a pension?

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

WOW your a bitch aren't you

Quoting Susan262:

Her house, her rules.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)