Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I miss sleeping with my husband!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

My husband has been sleeping on the couch for 1 week!!!! And I miss him so much. We cant really touch eachother, we cant sleep together, and we cant even LAY together!! The most we can do is sit by eachother and BARLY hold hands!! I HATE IT!! I dont get how people sleep with out there SO's everynight. And what I mean is when SO sleeps in a different room than you in the same house.. Not because of his job or his deployed.. NOT bashing either one its just being in the same house you CAN sleep together. Being deployed and working you CANT choose to sleep together..

BTW he got into a motorcycle wreck last Monday and thats why we cant sleep together its better on him to sleep on the couch and he's still bleeding out of his wounds and we dont want that all over the bed BTW the couch is leather and he sleeps on a blanket.. My husband works nights sometimes but the most we go without sleeping together is 3 nights and thats it! He will be swearing into the military once he's healed more. So I guess this is preparing me for basic training and OSUT!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM

aw im sorry mama i know the feeling a few yeas ago mine was cutting wood and a limb fell on his head we didnt sleep together b/c he had a concussion and I flop in my sleep and didnt want to hit his head

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Sorry I don't know how to answer that!! My husband just left for our first deployment about 3 weeks ago and I have yet to try to sleep in the bed!!! I just don't sleep well without him!!! How is your husband doing by the way??

staceysgorbach
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Awww!!! I am sorry lol! It can be rough at times. My hubby was not in the millitary but he did work offshore for years. He was gone for 2 weeks and home for a week and it does get easier,but i always looked forward to him coming home. I hope he heals quickly!

gfamilyof4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM

aww, i'm sorry....i know how it feels to sleep in an empty bed, tho...dh left less than a week ago for his 3rd deployment...i know what you mean, tho...it's like, they are right there, but you can't do anything about it...at least with me, i know i'm going to bed alone....if that makes sense...lol

bluemonkeygirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Oh I know.  It sucks when he's out of town.  The bed feels huge!

KBM99
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Thats what I was trying to get at in my post haha. Is that deployment wives and wives that have husbands gone for works expect to sleep alone. I still know each night I'll be sleeping alone but he's just 10 steps away..

Quoting gfamilyof4:

aww, i'm sorry....i know how it feels to sleep in an empty bed, tho...dh left less than a week ago for his 3rd deployment...i know what you mean, tho...it's like, they are right there, but you can't do anything about it...at least with me, i know i'm going to bed alone....if that makes sense...lol

KBM99
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I dont sleep well either.. I'll wake up and go to check on him to make sure he's okay. And then toss and turn all night.. He's actually doing better.. Well a tad bit better. No broken bones so that was a great thing. But the road rash was pretty bad. He's on disability from work for a month because she wants them to be completely healed by the time he goes back so we dont risk infection. But she said we are cleaning them great and that the wounds look great. They are getting smaller but they are still big haha. And they still hurt. He can barely put any pressure on his left leg because of how bad the wounds hurt. And for some reason his wounds are like a magnet to my hands because every time I get near him I somehow hit them and make them bleed :(

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Sorry I don't know how to answer that!! My husband just left for our first deployment about 3 weeks ago and I have yet to try to sleep in the bed!!! I just don't sleep well without him!!! How is your husband doing by the way??

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Quoting KBM99:

I dont sleep well either.. I'll wake up and go to check on him to make sure he's okay. And then toss and turn all night.. He's actually doing better.. Well a tad bit better. No broken bones so that was a great thing. But the road rash was pretty bad. He's on disability from work for a month because she wants them to be completely healed by the time he goes back so we dont risk infection. But she said we are cleaning them great and that the wounds look great. They are getting smaller but they are still big haha. And they still hurt. He can barely put any pressure on his left leg because of how bad the wounds hurt. And for some reason his wounds are like a magnet to my hands because every time I get near him I somehow hit them and make them bleed :(

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I'm sure he knows you don't mean to, even though I'm sure you feel bad!!! Glad to hear no broken bones and that things are healing well!!! My husband wants a motorcycle so bad but I told him I get a horse trailer first and he actually agreed!!! Well wishes that he heals soon!!!

KBM99
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Honestly I wouldnt mind him getting another motorcycle AFTER basic training and OSUT but I told him he has to at least wear a helmet, GLOVES, and a JACKET at all times. I dont care if its 0 degrees or 100 degrees.. He has to ALWAYS wear that or I will sell his bike while he's at work. haha. Because if he would of been wearing a jacket he would be perfectly fine except for 2 scratches on his lower legs.. And those arent too bad.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Quoting KBM99:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I'm sure he knows you don't mean to, even though I'm sure you feel bad!!! Glad to hear no broken bones and that things are healing well!!! My husband wants a motorcycle so bad but I told him I get a horse trailer first and he actually agreed!!! Well wishes that he heals soon!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)