Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's your marriage rate?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 125 Replies

lol! not like your marriage on a scale of one to ten. Another post got me thinking... it was about why don't more men marry the mothers of their babies. anyways... some of the responses were because the divorece rate is so high. why would someone marry knowing they will have to deal witha  divorce later on down the road?

well... my MARRIAGE rate is giong strong! I have been married for 4 years, i'm 24 now, so i've alredy beat the statistics! YAY FOR ME!!!! I don't plan on getting a divorce any time ever! and i love my husband. yes we fight, yes we disagree, but we are a team, and we work to keep us together. marriage is hard work ladies, i just don't understand why so many woman don't want to get married because of worrying about divorce. i'll tell you what, the day i got married i was so happy. the LAST thing i ever thought about was divorce. and it still is!

so... how long have YOU been married! and do you feel the same way about marriage as i do? not something to be taken lightly?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM

perfectkitten
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I have been engaged 3 times and married once. My marriage has lasted 13 years.

Shauna71904
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM

im getting married next september.... but we have been together 5 years

Mrs.Jolly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM
We just celebrated our one year anniversery and im so happy i cant wait for 100 more with my dh (its been 3 years since we got together)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I'm 24 and we've been married 4 1/2 years.

super_mom_5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:32 AM
i have been married for 2 years and i am more in love with my husband the longer im with him. We do everything together and done grip at each other about everything. When we do get in arguements we give each other some space to cool down. But no matter whay we are done and over whatever it is by bed time. I really truely believe we are soul mates. All the places that we grew up going to and hanging out were all the exact same places. But we didn meet till 4 years ago. He even lived 2 houses down from my uncle. My husband even told a friend of his at the bar that he was going to marry me on the first night we ever met. My grandma even told us that we reminded her of her and my grandpa. And they were married for 52 years. I am excited about growing old with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I am 24, married almost 6 years. I agree with you, it's not something to be taken lightly.
It is hard work, but so worth it. My husband and I do not believe in divorce, it's not something we will ever do.
We said forever and we meant it!

BlessedToBeMe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I think if your not getting married b/c your worried about the divorce rate, then you probably shouldn't get married.

Hubby & I have been married for 6 years

KimberlyDoll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM
I'm 25 and have been married 6 years and still going strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM
I'm 21 and we have been married for 4 years, together for 6. And still going strong <3. My marriage is one of the MOST important things to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)