• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 month old doesnt sleep more than 30min - 1 hr at a time. Help!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DD (almost 4 months) cant sleep for more than 30 min to a hour at a time. Even at night time. Actually at night time shes up even more. Sometimes 30 times a night. Its been like this forever. She uses my breast as a sleep crutch (and we co-sleep). Once it falls out she wakes up needing it back in her mouth. She isnt getting the sleep she needs and is always tired. I have tried swapping it out and putting a binky in but she hates them. I've tried white noise, swaddling, putting her down drowsy but awake (did NOT go well....), hell I even tried cereal even though I swore I wouldnt start food till 6+ months. Nothing is working. How do I break this habit? I cant function like this anymore. Most days I dont even get to eat more than a quick snack b/c im so tied down with the sleep situation. She is teething but this has been going on since she was 3 weeks old so thats not why she is doing it. Brought it up to our pedi at her 8 week visit and he told me to CIO. DH wants me to CIO. I dont want to. But what else can I do???? I dont mind if shes up a couple times a night to eat. Thats NOT what im trying to stop. I just want her to learn to sooth herself to sleep in her own crib. Ideas? Advice?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
maddisont05
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

really? nothing?

jkleinman
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM
That's a tough one. I wish I had some advice to give. I'm sorry you're dealing with this mama. You may want to join the breastfeeding group and ask them. Some one there might have some ideas for you. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benjamins-mama
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM
I am sorry you are dealing with that. It must be exhausting. I don't know what to tell you but hopefully she starts sleeping longer soon for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM

This has to be extremely hard on you! She probably feels the frustration too! Have you asked any of the Moms in ther Breastfeeding group! they may have some tricks for you to get her fuller to sleep longer.

maddisont05
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Yea I have. I love that group but alot of them follow attachment parenting (nothing wrong with it) so they dont really see anything wrong with what she does :(

Quoting LancesMom:

This has to be extremely hard on you! She probably feels the frustration too! Have you asked any of the Moms in ther Breastfeeding group! they may have some tricks for you to get her fuller to sleep longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)