Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't talk to my kid!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM
  • 36 Replies

Does it upset you when strangers talk to your kid?

For example while grocery shopping or out and about. 

I don't hesitate to talk to anyone, but maybe I'm just a weirdo.  To me, talking with people of different ages shows them respect. 

Click on the smiley to find out how you can help a cafemommer SMILE again!  :) 

Love to SHOP?  Join my group:   http://www.cafemom.com/group/shopbay

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Yes, but it also depends on why. Sometimes I don't care but if the person is just being nosy or trying to parent my kid it does bug me.

mitty18
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Yes it does because we are trying to teach our son that he isn't to talk to strangers unless they are police officers, Doctors, Fire men, ETC.
Its kind of hard to do this when you have people coming up to a three year who doesn't yet understand and starts talking to him and he of course is a child and is going to talk back to them. Its frustrating. I don't say anything but i do make a point to remind my son he doesn't talk to strangers when we leave.

KristinRox
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM

It depends on what the stranger is saying. If they are oogling saying... "arent you pretty, or I love your read hair" then I dont mind. I smile and let my child accept the compliment. However, if the stranger is trying to tell them what they should and shouldnt do.. I hate it. Im perfectly capable of disciplining my child.

wentworth99
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

No,As long as I am right with them when they do . Why would it bother me ? Like if the cashier says something to them. Like really casual Like "are you having fun shopping ?" I am not going to freak out.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

It depends if they are really invasive or touching them but if its " awww arent you cute" or "hi sweetie" then I think it would be really snobby for that to annoy someone.

southern_momof2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Nope it doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SparklingHope
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Depends on how the stranger is talking.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM

As long as I am right there beside them and can monitor the conversation and they DO NOT TOUCH in any way shape or form then...... its fine. 

smurfiest
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:16 PM

No, of course not.

How else are they going to develop instincts about who's okay and who's creepy?

two4one
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Not really. They know that if they are with mommy or daddy they are safe, but if they are ever alone (not likely to happen at this age) they shouldn't talk to strangers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)