Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BC advice

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

My boyfriend's ex recently gave birth to their daughter. I had him file with the attorney general for child support and visitation orders when she was 7 mths pregnant...bc it was apparent she wasn't going to play nice. Also, bc they have a 2 yr old that was born of their marriage but is not his biological child...however a child born of the marriage here becomes the legal child of the husband...regardless of that he willingly took full responsibility for him. The son has his last name, he is listed as the father on the birth certificate and has been his dad from day one...but she refuses the let him see him throwing "he's not your son" at him. Well apparently, she gave his newborn baby some other guy's last name (the biological father of her other 2 boys, including the one he has raised whom she is running back to) and didn't list my boyfriend on the bc even though she does not for one sec deny he is the father.

I don't see how she can do that? Doesn't he have to sign a denial of paternity? Can't he take her to court to get his name listed on the bc and the name changed to his? That is HIS daughter!! And how can she go after him for CS if she won't allow him to be on the bc?

Are we in for a hellish ride with lawyers here?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
magic67
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM

first woman like that need their heads smashed in. another bio bitch using her kids. not thinking what and how this fn game she is playing is going to effect her daughter down the road.....

he needs to contact an attorney. years ago once a bc was done it was a done deal. but now days because of stupid bitches like this one, they will have a bc corrected. years ago, the bc would stay the same, but another paper was given, with the true bio father, almost an adoption paper. if his name is the the boys bc and he wants to be that childs father he has every right to be. again, he needs to contact an attorney. but he always needs to realize that he will have to pay cs for that child too.

best of luck to you and your bf. you will have many years of lots of bumps, u turns, and dead end roads. but hanging on it will lead you both back to where it should be.. to the children :)

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM

There is a good group on here called "legal questions and advice". I think they would be of great help to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)