• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we broke up... Now what??? Need some advice

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: should i?

Options:

Yes,why even think about it?

No go with your feelings?

Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

So me and my boyfriend broke up after 3 years. we have a  2 year old together. just recently we broke up because he has some issues that are hurting our relationship hes working on them for himself but if he can  change himself and be thesweet loving man i know there maybe a chance that we will get back together. so far he has gone to therapy and has busted his ass to look for a job..  so everytime i see my parents and my grandma they keep pushing for me to go get custody even if its 50/50 and make sure i get physical custody. because they think that he will take off with her and i will never see her again. i honestly know this wont happen. but i keep hearing how she will be gone and i will mess up my life and get screwed over.  so i am a little mixed i feel like i need to to get them off my back but then i know he wont do that so i dont want to.  he has already told me before and after we broke up that he couldnt take care of mariah  (our dd) by himself. so i just dont know.  should i just be safe and go get custody? or should i continue to just trust that he wont?

Ready?? I am 20 years old, non married, still with my daughters father, semi CIO, on time vaccinating, spanking, Bottle giving, open minded, high school grad. full time college student, WOTH  mommy to Mariah and i wouldn't change a second of it for the world.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dark_Rain
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I would just to be safe. If his family convinces him to take her you won't have any recourse. You would have to go to court to fight to get custody back. Get full physical custody of her that way your ass is covered.

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM

bump

ariesp19

BUMP!

trist22

agree with above poster.

BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM

she is best assigned physical custody with you, as you are the stableone at the moment. sounds like he has to get his life together right now. do what is best for HER

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

bump

ariesp19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

beytter safe then sorry,,,youd never forgive yourself otherwise

PradaBaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I think your parents are right. I know you think he would never do it but desperate people do desperate things. Everyone I know that has split from their partner never thought they would do half the stuff they ended up doing.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Quoting Dark_Rain:

I would just to be safe. If his family convinces him to take her you won't have any recourse. You would have to go to court to fight to get custody back. Get full physical custody of her that way your ass is covered.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Take your families advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)