Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Half siblings not allow to see each other *edit*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • 25 Replies

My two oldest kids have four half siblings. That at one time my oldest was really close to his older brothers, but then something happen (wont get into it). Their dad wants to be able to have the boys be around each other. He is only allow to see them once a month. He asked if he could have them all together for Adrian's birthday and their grandfather (he has custody) said no. He doesn't want the brothers being around each other.
 I dont understand this at all. Their dad is going back to change the visitation. I really think they are doing this out of spite. They say they arent their "real" brothers. But if that is the case their two other siblings from their mother wouldnt be their "real" siblings either.

Edit The back story
Their maternal grandfather has custody of them. The mother took the kids while their dad was in the hospital. She then filed for custody in another county and kept moving around and not notifying the courts. After a few years and the two oldest kids getting in trouble with the law their dad got a supena to court and found out where his kids were. They both lost custody of the kids to her father. She was proven to be unfit and the kids dad was told he didnt have enough room.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyranightshade
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I guess I just don't really understand what's going on. Are these your kiddos?

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I dont want my son seein his half siblings for the fact the kids are brats and the baby mama is a BI**H  (my son is first born and she got mad one day and tried to run me over while prego with him my son's dad agrees with me ) hope it all works out for you though

Hair Salon Studio 2865

Christine0813
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM

That's a pretty crappy thing to do. They are siblings and have the right to know each other and have a relationship. I hope he can get this handled.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

My son hasn't seen his brother is 7 years honestly for no good reason other than the moms a bitch.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I don't think anyone can really form an opinion without knowing what is really going on.  I think that brothers/sisters should know each other regardless of how the parents feel.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM

He can go to court to get it changed.

My DS has a half brother and sister. His father is in prison. His ex wife tried to say she didn't want the kids to know about each other. When my son is only 17 months so it's not like he's ever done anything to anyone.

We are going to court along with my ex's parents (who have visitation with the older two) to fight it.

CafeMom Tickers
lyranightshade
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

So, one of your kids was close to his half siblings, but something happened, and their father lost custody of them to his father. Right, so far? And now, the grandfather who has custody over the half siblings doesn't want your kiddo(s) mingling with them? Is that what's going on?

sweet.lil.mama
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

i talk to my DHs ex who he has a son with and we are hoping our sons will meet one day, i don't think its right to keep them apart they are blood related

jkleinman
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM
I have 3 half siblings I've never met before. The mother of 2 of them has never even told them about me. Her son only knows about me because my dad told him. I think it's horrible and it's hurtful to all the children involved. Also the parent keeping siblings apart is the one that's going to have to deal with the anger and hurt when they realize what is going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dani-doll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

How is it that in most states, grandparents can get visitation, but siblings can't? The state should make it so that when greedy adults try to keep siblings away from each other, then they are able to see each other anyway. That is only fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)