Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In School Suspention for a KINDERGARDENER LEFT ALONE!?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 62 Replies

Poll

Question: How would you have felt as M1?

Options:

Pissed

angry but not pissed

well he needed to be punishsed

It wouldn't have bothered me

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 118

View Results

Ok me and two other moms were talking. (For easier under standing M1 and B1 are mom and son and M2 and B2 are mom and son) B1 got sent to ISS for acidently hiting B2 in the face on the playground. Now B2 even told M2 that it was an accident. He spent almost half the day in ISS ALONE NO ONE TO SUPERVISE HIM! Even the principle said "Well he fell asleep at the desk so we just left him there" Sooooo my questions are these.

How would you feel if you were B1's mom?

SHould kindergardeners have ISS?

Should they be left alone in a room?

Personaly I am PISSED myself (so is M2) I told her M1 take it up with the school board

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallenangel7386
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

at that age, that long is ridiculus. especially alone!!! definately take it up with the school board

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Ok glad i am not the only one to feel that way

Quoting fallenangel7386:

at that age, that long is ridiculus. especially alone!!! definately take it up with the school board

trulyknowme
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Kindergarteners are too young for ISS ESPECIALLY to be left alone in a room, sleeping or not. Timeouts and talking about what they've done wrong is generally an effective enough solution.

I would also be incredibally upset if my child were involved, and you can bet your butt, the school board would be involved.

"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:6 & 7

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I'm Lucky my son was not involved if he was I would be all over the school board. I am leaving it up to these two parents. IF something like this happens to my son they WILL regret it!

Quoting trulyknowme:

Kindergarteners are too young for ISS ESPECIALLY to be left alone in a room, sleeping or not. Timeouts and talking about what they've done wrong is generally an effective enough solution.

I would also be incredibally upset if my child were involved, and you can bet your butt, the school board would be involved.

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Quoting fallenangel7386:

Ready?? I am 20 years old, non married, still with my daughters father, semi CIO, on time vaccinating, spanking, Bottle giving, open minded, high school grad. full time college student, WOTH  mommy to Mariah and i wouldn't change a second of it for the world.

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

no votes?

LCWAmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM

thats insane especially for an accident! making him say sorry and if he was being unsafe when the accident happened maybe missing a recess should be enough

thismomkixazz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM
I can't vote on mobile, but I would say pissed. HE FELL ASLEEP AT THE DESK SO WE JUST LEFT HIM THERE?!?! What the hell kind of principal says that?! For that matter, what teacher thinks it's ok to leave a kindergartener unsupervised? Wow. I'm...amazed. Yes, I would be taking this up the ranks. This is ridiculous. And ISS for a kindergartener? No way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momzillaof4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Extreme punishment for a first time offense over something that was an accident!! And yes- I would be livid!

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM

In School Suspention

Quoting coolmommy2x:

What is ISS?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)