Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cussing at your kid. Yes, I am bashing.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM
  • 55 Replies

I babysit a little girl on Saturdays who is the same age as my daughter (8). The child is supposed to be in 3rd grade but had to repeat kindergarten because according to her mother, she was too immature & needed another year to prepare for "real school."   The child is incredibly whiny, even to the point of my kid complaining about not wanting to play with her. She has to have her way while they're playing or she whines & gets snippy. We all thought this was just a simple case of only child, mommy is busy all the time syndrome UNTIL a few weeks ago. The mother dropped her off & asked her if she had remembered to brush her teeth to which the child responded, "No, I forgot." The mother then said "You disgusting little goddamn pig, blah blah blah." I stopped hearing after the first part. I couldn't believe it. So this has continued, she has called her a little bitch, told her to get her ass moving & put on her f*cking shoes. She said to me once, "You know sometimes I just have to cuss her out to get her moving, don't you find that works well?"  I had never said anything before but since I felt like she opened the door, I spoke my piece  which consisted of "Oh no, we don't cuss at our kid, we want to make sure we speak to her as we'd like to be spoken to."  Or something along those lines.  The thing that's getting to me is the kid always tells my kid that her mom doesn't love her. That breaks my heart. I feel like saying something but I really don't want to overstep my boundaries. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks ladies.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmyCora
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I'm going to bump my own post bc it's real & not meant to start drama. I have an honest to goodness question.

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Eh to each their own. "Bad" words are just that... words. If cursing her kid out keeps her from physically abusing her than its whatevz to me. I'm not innocent of a frustrated "what the fuck man"... I wouldn't call my kid a stupid pig or a bitch though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmyCora
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Eh to each their own. "Bad" words are just that... words. If cursing her kid out keeps her from physically abusing her than its whatevz to me. I'm not innocent of a frustrated "what the fuck man"... I wouldn't call my kid a stupid pig or a bitch though.

No, I get that. Everybody needs to say fuck once in awhile. But she is cussing AT her kid. Not saying shit around her, but calling her names in a demeaning manner. I do not think that is ok.

Brianav
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

This

Quoting SadiasMomma:

--♥--Briana--♥--

try_again
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM

So sad...

I'm NOT perfect and have cussed in front of my daughter.. But actually cussing at her... Nope!

BUMP. Hope someone has some advice for you!!!

CuteandCurvy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Aww what I shame,I mean If a parent wants to cuss, I don't see a HUGE deal with a "get your f*%kin shoes!" If thats just the way they talk (as long as they don't punish the child when they say it) but for her to call the child names, thats just meanness, really the only thing you can do is love on the child, and make her feel as safe and secure as you can while shes with you..

BlessedToBMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Thats verbal abuse and I really dont care what anyone thought or thinks about it I'd be making a phone call, verbal abuse does just as much damage as physical and I feel it gets brushed off way too mcuh!

LAC123
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I agree OP.. Its totally inappropriate. And uncalled for.

Maybe next time she comes to pick up her kid say to her..

"Hi how the f*ck are you?"

"Can you get your godd*mn ass moving-Im in a hurry?"

And then when she says "WTF" you say...

"How do you like it?" 

Country_Momma89
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I try to keep my cursing minimal around my kids. There are times though when I slip outta frustration though. I've never and would never call either of my DD's names though.

EmmyCora
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM

That's fantastic. Awesome idea. I'm totally doing it :)

Quoting LAC123:

I agree OP.. Its totally inappropriate. And uncalled for.

Maybe next time she comes to pick up her kid say to her..

"Hi how the f*ck are you?"

"Can you get your godd*mn ass moving-Im in a hurry?"

And then when she says "WTF" you say...

"How do you like it?" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)