Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The teacher called and I am horrified----updated

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  • 67 Replies

So I was working and the phone rang and it was my DD 4th grade teacher, she said my daughter has not been doing her homework and she told me my daughter said it was because I don't give her time to do it--I keep her so busy. WTH??? Yes I want my kid to fail 4th grade and become a homeless bag lady. And don't get me started on my DD how dare she lie like I am not going to hear about this?? I AM SO MAD!!! :( AND SAD !!!  :(angry

crying screamingI am just so sad that she would put her own mother up on the chopping block, she wasn't bringing her homework home, she was hididng it in her desk. I go threw her bag and folder everynight as soon as she gets home @ 3:20. I also help her with her AR reading and help her come up with ways to remember things. She has extraciricular actvities but I am right there with her, helping her, I know she has time for everything because I make sure so she can do good!! Her punishment is as follows: no tv till christmas break, (she has work to do--lol) she can read, the teacher and I are in contact everyday now, and her rabbit is moving out of her room, and she has to write a I'm sorry letter to me and the teacher for lying

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IleanRight
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM

the teacher should have known better! Sorry momma :(

jodyann2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

sounds like you and your daughter need to have a talk.

ddhb2007

I'm sure the teacher knows your daughter's excuse was a crock.  I would be angry that your daughter lied as well.

bargainmom82

Oh girl I would be pissed. If this was my daughter she would get a spanking for lying and not turning in her homework and then would be grounded for a week because of it.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM

well at least she didnt just assume and call cps on you. talk to your daughter and see what is going on.

lyranightshade
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Woah.. that's an awfully big lie. She's going to get some serious punishment out of this one, I'm sure.

Consequently, does she have lots of chores after school or something? Is something at school bothering her that would make her not want to do the work? Is she having trouble elsewhere?

xoxoARIEL
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM

You should set her straight before it becomes a pattern

lovelily79

ahh I love this age, my DD is also in 4th grade and becoming a bit of an issue. 

4kidz916

Sounds like your daughter was just looking for somewhere to lay the blame.  I'd be having a long talk with her this afternoon.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Just wondering, don't you check her homework everyday?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)