Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Poll---------Dancing and White People : )

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 33 Replies

This isnt about white people and dancing, Im not the greatest judge, let alone dancer myself. My dancing looks like what Bill Cosby does : )

I just wanted to comment on something similar to a post I recently saw in here about assumtions of black people (swimming/riding bikes).

I guess I never believed in something just because I didnt see it, let alone if I did see it, just because a certain race was doing it. If that were the case, Id have tons of ignorant (IMO) questions to ask all races.

I mean really, this is what goes through some peoples' heads (well I know the answer, but damn, lol)

This is just a vent, I see this stuff on here from time to time, and I usually dont post. But this one finally made me say something.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.thickie.thick.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Out of ALL the stereotypes , ive NEVER had one ;proven' to me. Like i know whites who cant/dont ride bikes ... and i know black people who dont/cant ... its a PEOPLE thing , not a race thing. Just like white people and dancing ... its not a race thing -- its rythm thing lol and anyone can / cannot have it.

Stereotypes suck lol.

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM

LOL, I read your post "no pole dancing and white people" !

.thickie.thick.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Lol , that's how i read it! I was like "uhm ... no youtube it hon , we're not THAT bad!" lol

Quoting ikesmommy:

FYI-im not on a lot anymore...so if you'd like to argue w/ me about a post , please refer your message to my inbox instead of a post since i won't see it ... thanks! =)

Pregnancy%20ticker

Wakarimasen
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM

LMAO me to

Quoting ikesmommy:

srose73
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Thats excatly it! I guess its frustrating to me when people think that these ignorant comments dont feed into racism at some point.

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Out of ALL the stereotypes , ive NEVER had one ;proven' to me. Like i know whites who cant/dont ride bikes ... and i know black people who dont/cant ... its a PEOPLE thing , not a race thing. Just like white people and dancing ... its not a race thing -- its rythm thing lol and anyone can / cannot have it.

Stereotypes suck lol.

Wakarimasen
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM

my husband is japanese and I cant tell you how many times when someone find out they say " does he hit you because that is ok in japan" im like WTF ? im husband has never laid his hands on me

.thickie.thick.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Yep. Name any stereotype towards one race & i bet you'll get 100s of people saying 'oh , i know so & so who does that too/doesnt do that too & theyre (this race)' ... i hate stereotypes more then anything.

Quoting srose73:

Thats excatly it! I guess its frustrating to me when people think that these ignorant comments dont feed into racism at some point.

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Stereotypes suck lol.

FYI-im not on a lot anymore...so if you'd like to argue w/ me about a post , please refer your message to my inbox instead of a post since i won't see it ... thanks! =)

Pregnancy%20ticker

.thickie.thick.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:02 PM

*eye roll* ... id spit in their face ... lol. thats just ridiculous.

Quoting Wakarimasen:

my husband is japanese and I cant tell you how many times when someone find out they say " does he hit you because that is ok in japan" im like WTF ? im husband has never laid his hands on me

Pregnancy%20ticker

srose73
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

The thing is, they dont know EVERY person in a certain race, so to assume things like that is (IMO) just stupid

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Yep. Name any stereotype towards one race & i bet you'll get 100s of people saying 'oh , i know so & so who does that too/doesnt do that too & theyre (this race)' ... i hate stereotypes more then anything.

Quoting srose73:

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Stereotypes suck lol.

.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM
I'm a fab dancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)