Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the sake of this post, lets say that you HAVE to...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
  • 31 Replies
Have a nanny. not a live in nanny, but a nanny who comes to your home to care for your children- what would be her non child related duties? would her duties go beyond the typical cleaning up after the kids during the day (washing their breakfast/lunch/snack dishes, wiping up spills etc)? would she be required to mop floors, clean bathrooms, make beds, do laundry? please answer as if you HAD to have a nanny, NOT having one is NOT an option
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM

laundry and floors. = )

Phenomemom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Concentrate strictly on the kids, and their messes of course ; )

Other than that, nothing.

robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM
a nanny cares for children at the most she would have to pick up i little after the kids and clean the kids up. a nanny is not a maid, all of the cleaning duties are for a maid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I would probably ask her to do my children's laundry if she had downtime (like when the kids are napping).  But that's it.  I used to have a babysitter for a couple hours a day, twice a week and I never expected her to do much beyond taking care of the kids and picking up after them.

momtobe0211
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Anything pertaining to the kid(s). So if the kids' laundry needs done, she does it. If they spill something, and it needs mopped, she does it. 

whenuwish
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM
The children first and then housework as it relates to the children or their safety. For example: if they get dirty playing outdoors or eating lunch then a light load of laundry, dishes that they have used throughout the day (not dishes left from last night's dinner), make or helping the kids to make their beds or changing and washing their sheets should they become soiled, sweeping of kitchen after breakfast and lunch mopping ONLY if necessary due to an occurrence incurred during her time there etc. m
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganGallagher
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM

well, i if i wanted her to do extra, i would pay her extra.. but i would rather have her can spend free time with my child, insteaqd of cleaning

allmyblessings
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

This....

Quoting Phenomemom:

ErikaM27
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

She would only be required to take care of my kids needs. If they spill something to clean that up the mess they made only, wash their cups,their plates.  If I wanted my dishes done, floors mopped etc I would hire a maid.

woodit2u
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Phenomemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)