Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I supposed to say?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
My best friend's boyfriend got arrested last night. He works at UPS and he found a bottle of ginseng on the floor (apparently) and tried to sell it to a customer, so the customer called the police. He was arrested and charged with theft by unlawful taking, because this stuff belonged to someone else. He's been in trouble tons of times before over stealing, he's actually the prime suspect in a felony burglary case right now. So my best friend is freaking out. She begged me to spend the night with her last night because he wasn't going to be able to bail out until this morning. So I went, even though I wanted to stay home with my husband and kids and sleep in my own bed. When I got there I asked her if she would mind staying at my house because I was starting to get a migraine. She says, "No because I won't be able to sleep good." And I'm thinking, "Oh ok, so I guess I'm going to have a lovely nights rest on your recliner..." But I stayed, until my migraine got to be unbearable, and when I decided to leave she got super mad and said, "I would stay with you if Brandon (my husband) was in jail." All I could think was, "well, my husband would never be in jail..." So anyway, I went home, got in bed and fell asleep. At 3am she calls me crying about him being in jail... At 7 this morning she calls me crying because his bail is set at 15 grand and nobody can pay it. So he has to stay in there. Now she keeps calling me screaming and crying about him sitting in jail and he just has to get out blah blah. And I think he deserves to sit in there! He made the decision to get himself landed in there, why shouldn't he stay for a few days?! I just don't know what I'm supposed to say to her! She knows how I feel about him and chose to stay with him, and I've been as supportive and understanding as I can be, but this is getting ridiculous... Sorry so long ladies, but thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommy2One881
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Tell her, well it's not his first round so maybe you should come up with some coping methods to help yourself get used to him spending time in jail periodically. Or you could just not answer the phone. Really I have no advise. I can't think of one appropriate response to say to her. Maybe you could offer her to stay at your house if she does not want to be alone.

-42-
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM

You should have just asked her if she had any ginseng you could take for your headache. I bet she would have insisted that you leave, lol.

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Just ignore her calls for awhile!~ They will have to figure things out on their own!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)