Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and dh fight in front of the kids?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM
  • 44 Replies
Do you wait for them to go to bed or leave? What do you think of parents who do fight right in front of their kids?
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southern_momof2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:25 PM
NO NO NO NEVER!! Its a very stupid thing to do in my opinion. A healthy disagreement is fine, but NOT fighting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM
no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaM27
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM

To me a fight is hitting each other. No we never fight!  We don't argue in front of the kids. If we discuss something we're not screaming.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:28 PM

We never really fight.
If we do have an argument, it's after she is in bed. He is never home until after she is in bed anyway.
I think it's trashy and horrible to fight in front of your kids. It's not fair to them at all!

PradaBaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

No we do not. I do not think it's appropriate to fight in front of children. They do not need to worry about OUR problems. What do I think about people that do? Well it's their choice but I think it's a poor choice to make to choose to fight in front of your children.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

We very rarely have bad disagreements, but our usual little bickering, yes, we do.

I think it's healthy for children to see how to solve conflict.

echoishername
by Misty on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM

We have argued in front of DD. Not proud of it, but it has happened.

art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Yes...we argue in front of them, because its important for kids to see conflict resolution

MOMby19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM

We try not to. We disagree sometimes in front of the kids (and I don't mean "oh we disagree. Sure, we raise our voices, but that's all."). If it's anything at all it's just a simple conversation that we find we don't agree on and we get over it and move on. We don't usually fight, anyway, though.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM

We fight in front of the kids. I think it is important for them to see that we are not perfect but we also make up in front of the kids too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)