Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel about your husbands ex girlfriend going to visit your mother in the hospital

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

My dh's ex girlfriend is currently dating my bil.  They've been on again off again for many many years. She dated my hubby before his brother she cheated on my hubby with him but it really was a long time ago. 

well now the ex became my friend on facebook  i wasnt crazy about  adding her but she's kinda family due to the bil.  We've had some bad blood between us  over the years.  She once told me that my kids should of been hers but she screwed it up and left my dh. (he so dumped her bu whatever)  she also used to give me her used things as xmas gifts kinda like saying she was giving me her leftovers  lol  but anyway she became my friend on facebook and thru me she befriended my mother. Who she has only seen a handfull of times. 

Recently my mother was in the hospital and the ex  girlfriend asked publicly on facebook what hospital she was in so she could go visit her. Knowing that i was unable to get up to the hospital before she got out.

its such a small thing and i know its petty to get upset over but it still did not sit well with me.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladybug8412
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

BUMP!

NEMommaOf3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Sweetie, you do NOT have to add every loony that has a tenuous connection to the family tree on your Facebook. 

My ex still gloms onto my family and since they are whack jobs with the exception of two aunts I have nothing to do with them...he is welcome to them 

BUT if someone were to ask me why I don't have them friended, I tell them the truth, "We may be 'friendly' because of XYZ but we are not actually friends. I am sorry if that offends you or you felt otherwise." 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Your right its petty. I wouldn't worry about it or let it bother you so much!

beckygeiger
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

yeah I dont think I would be ok with that. have you ever discussed your feelings on the subject with your mom

SGJsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I would think that is weird and I would tell the psycho to stay away from my mom. I would understand if it was your MIL.

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM

if she is that close to your mom. she should already know what hospital...

monichella71787
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I'm not sure of your situation, but when my mother in law was in the hospital with a brain tumor, my husband's (boyfriend at the time) ex was her nurse.  So dh had plenty of time to talk to her and catch up on old times. I wasn't jealous or mad until I found out that he exchanged emails and were emailing back and forth. He stopped once he realized that it upset me. 

heathercook78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Lol. This made me laugh. Dh's family is mostly whack jobs, and his ex clings desperately onto them. What's with that?! Dh and aren't friends with them on Facebook, but you better believe she is!

Quoting NEMommaOf3:

Sweetie, you do NOT have to add every loony that has a tenuous connection to the family tree on your Facebook. 

My ex still gloms onto my family and since they are whack jobs with the exception of two aunts I have nothing to do with them...he is welcome to them 

BUT if someone were to ask me why I don't have them friended, I tell them the truth, "We may be 'friendly' because of XYZ but we are not actually friends. I am sorry if that offends you or you felt otherwise." 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I tried not adding her as my friend but that just caused family drama at my dd's 11th birthday dinner.Well she tried to let it start some drama and i just lied and said oh really i didnt notice the request.  this of course was after my bil went to his brother to bitch (they are twins)   This woman gets on my nerves and i'm the only one in the family (aside from my bil) that even attempts some civility with her.  I've known her for a really long time.   It sucks to have to see your husbands ex girlfriend at every family function.  Altho she is not welcomed at my dh's younger brothers house cause she pissed off his wife and she's not welcomed at my dh's sisters house cause she's a wack job and ruined my neices 15th birthday.  I just wanna slap the bitch and tell her its bad enough your an inlaw  stay the f*** away from my side of the family.   But I just grin and bear it.   And my mother is trying to fix issues she has with me and my husband and wants to be polite.  she has stage 4 lung cancer and I don't want to mess with her trying to make amends to me. 

Quoting NEMommaOf3:

try_again
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 11:56 AM

She sounds weird.

I wouldn't even care about the family drama... I'd delete and block her off my page, and put my name as unsearchable.. then just tell her you deleted your page

. Geez.. drama over facebook?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)