Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who else gets migranes?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM
  • 37 Replies
I have ever since i was little (like elementary school). At first everyone wrote them off as me not wanting to go to school. Then one day i was home with my dad and kept rubbing my eyes. He asked me what was wrong i said i felt lime i had something in my eye. About 15 min later the headache set in. Since he suffers from migranes as well he finally put two and two together.
i have had them ever since. They are horrible. It starts out my vision going blurt (kinda like if you have sleep crusties in your eyes and can't get them to go away). The minute that starts i know im done for. About 15 to 30 min later the headache, neck ache, light sensitivity and nausea starts. I have taken so many different meds and none really help (well i found one that worked great when i was younger but it was taken off the market). All i can do is take a benedryl and take a short nap (benedryl knocks me on my ass lol). I was just curious how many other mamas get them? Il had to leave work most of the morning today because i had a migrane. I slept a little (had to go pick up dd from kindergarten), and am na back to work. If it wasn't so damn close to the end of the month and my recieveables were farther along i would have went back to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2drakeNabby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I'd get at least one a week all through middle school and high school.  All I could do then was take Tylenol or Advil and go to bed since we didn't have medical insurance.  I don't get them too often anymore, and I can usually feel it coming before it gets to my eyes, so I just take Advil and try to rest.  Most of the time it keeps the pain and light sensitivity at a minimum so I can function.

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I inherited them from my Dad (him from his Dad, etc). I used to get them at least once a week, sometimes more. Sometimes they last days at a time. No pain pills help and my Dad has taught me to cope with them drug-free as long as possible so I don't get immune to meds. I'll only try a pain pill when they are non stop vomit inducing crippling pain bad. They have slowed down now to maybe 1 or 2 a month which is great. I've been getting them since I was a toddler.

scootermom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I've gotten migraines for about 10 years now.  They started after i had two surgeries on my shoulder.  For whatever reason they start in the back of my neck, and if i don't take something quick it turns into a full blown migraines.  I used to get them alot more often i'd have one 2-4 days a week every week, but that's a long story.  I don't get them as often now.  But they still suck when i get them.   ((((HUGS)))

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I get them but they just started a year ago and they have been causing vision changes. In the last yr and a half I have had 3 vision prescriptions (2 of which were within 6 months of each other). I am having a MRI this week looking for tumors. I am going to a neuro next week.

whenuwish
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM
yep once a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kays_Mama06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I started getting them once I had my son.. I think the epidural had something to do with it.. Actually im pretty certain of it. I get them weekly.. 2-3x.

wifeffd95c

I get them terribly, however my new medicine which is a drug for used for both high blood pressure and for migranes helps dramatically. It is Propanolol. (sp)

dbldogdare

I had one today too! I took one of the samples the doc gave me and I think its finally kicked in a bit but I'm kind of scared to get up. The nausea has been horrid today.

kjfamily
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM
I never have ; but last year my dh got one his first and I took him to the er because he was literally screaming saying it felt like he head was going to explode, I thought he was having a stroke.. It was scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judybant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM

brewing one right now... nothing helps me, either. A warm to hot shower, with the massage setting, beating down on the back of my neck sometimes makes it a TEENY bit better... but the only "cure" is about 12 hours of sleep in a dark room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)