Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has gotten pregnant with tubes tied? any mommies NOT crazy w/ more then 3 kids? lol

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

So my DH wants me to have another baby.  HE'S OUTTA HIS DAMN MIND is what I say! lol I've gotten my tubes tied after our last child b/c we agreed 3 c-sections were enough for my body.  He ultimately wanted 5 kids.  3 kids are ENOUGH for me.  If I have anymore I might really need to be committed lol He says he is still trying to get me pregnant even with my tubes tied b/c it can be undone.  I know it can but it's not common, is it?  The doc wouldn't cut or burn my tubes b/c of my age.  She wanted me to still have that option even though I told her I was 110% sure I was happy with 3 children. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gaugesmomma1209
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM

it happened ot my moms friend. It is possible, so maybe you should take the pill or something just to be sure

lovinlife0607
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM

so here's my problem with that... I have enough health problems so adding a birth control like the pill that has horrible side effects wouldn't be too great.  lol Condoms... when I suggested that he made a point of saying we're married and it feels more intimate without "protection" but I'm seriously considering SOMETHING b/c I don't want to get pregnant again! lol I have been told a hysterectomy would be best for me with my period issues and everything but I refuse.  I'm only 24 and don't want to go through all that hormone therpy issues or anything like that and IDT my period is a good enough reason to have my uterus cut out of me. lol

Quoting gaugesmomma1209:

it happened ot my moms friend. It is possible, so maybe you should take the pill or something just to be sure

Hard-working, world's greatest and loving wife to Rob 8/19/06 and mommy to 3 totally awesome kids... Nick 5/09, my baby BOY Emily 11/07, my crazy toddler who thinks she rules the house; and Valerie 3/06, my preschooler with an attitude!!  But they are smart, beautiful and great kids overall!!  My family rocks!!!  :o)

OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I know it happens but I'm not sure how common it is. My worst nightmare is that my tubal fails us lol

lovinlife0607
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

mine too!!!!!  3 kids are definitely enough for me!  I love them but sometimes I'm goin crazy! lol

Quoting OneandonlyME:

I know it happens but I'm not sure how common it is. My worst nightmare is that my tubal fails us lol

Hard-working, world's greatest and loving wife to Rob 8/19/06 and mommy to 3 totally awesome kids... Nick 5/09, my baby BOY Emily 11/07, my crazy toddler who thinks she rules the house; and Valerie 3/06, my preschooler with an attitude!!  But they are smart, beautiful and great kids overall!!  My family rocks!!!  :o)

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I did the Essure method of tube tying. There is NO going back on that one. Now I know here my husband had to sign consent for me to get it done, you may want to check your state since you are married. I think it's a bunch of BS but he had to 

lovelily79
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Oh and I have 3 as well and if I had anymore I would go bat shit crazy 

lovinlife0607
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM

LOL ;p  I would too!! 

Quoting lovelily79:

Oh and I have 3 as well and if I had anymore I would go bat shit crazy 

catk78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Ultimately it is your body and you have to deal with the mental and physical toll it takes on you. That is sweet that he wants more children with you, but most everything mental and physical falls on you. Plus there is the financial aspect(don't know your situation, so not presuming). I have 3 and I am at my mental crazy woman limit, 1 more would definitly send me to the funny farm.

beerebelly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I have 4 kids lol and got my tubes tied a year ago.  I think its extremely rare for you to get pregnant after that.  I also just got the rubber band around them, no cutting or burning.  So far so good!

armygirl16
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM

My best friend got pregnant after getting her tubes tied. But she miscarried at about 7 weeks.  She would have been happy having more kids but she had her tubes tied because she had major complications during her last pregnancy (premature by 9 weeks and she ((the mom)) almost died). 

There is a higher chance of an ectopic pregnancy if you get pregnant after you have your tubes tied though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)