Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chest pains?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 16 Replies
Do you ever get chest pains? Do you know where it is oringinating from? How long it usually last, and where at?
I ask because the past three days I have a chest pain that hurts when I breathe. Its pretty harsh..but not bad enough to go in kwim. Sort of feels like a bruise. A very very painful bruise between my breats and upper chest plate in the middle.
Anyway, just curious on yalls accounts. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allmyblessings
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Me personally, I would have it checked out. ONLY because early heat attacks and strokes run in my family.

pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Heart attacks and strokes run in mine too, but never as early as 21.. but you may be right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyfat5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I get pain in my rib cage that hurt like hell. They come and go. I went to the doctor and he did an EKG, and did that test where they put the sensor on your finger to see what your O2 level is. Everything was normal. He said it was more than likely gas. Sure enough phazyme knocks it out of me. Guess I'm just gassy.

pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM
Lol at gassy.. don't think that's mine though...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judybant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM

GO TO THE DAMN DOCTOR! Sorry... my husband had "heart burn" for 3 freakn months. THREE MONTHS... I finally told him to go get it checked out, or to shut the hell up about it. He went in, and his "little bit of heart burn" was actually his right coronary artery being COMPLETELY blocked off by plaque, (his cholesterol is NOT high, by the way) and if even a teeny bit of that plaque had actually come loose, he'd have been dead before he hit the floor.

ALL chest pains should be checked out. ALL of them! Worst case scenario, it's a heart problem. Best case scenario, you could have pneumonia, bronchitis, or pleurisy, or you could have arthritis in your chest, like my cousin has. But you need to get it checked out.

judybant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

By the way... the EKG and Oxygen sensors both said everything was "fine" on my husband, as well... it was the blood work that clued them in to the heart damage that he had.

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I get chest pains from anxiety. 

I can either take a xanex or drink a glass or 2 of wine and they go away. 

Commie_Mommie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM

You should always have chest pains checked out. More often then not, they are harmless. But anything left unchecked has the ability to do serious harm. I had chest pain due to nothing more than a pulled muscle, but it's important to be cautious.

catk78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Most of the time it is due to gas that is trapped in the chest cavity. What areyour other signs and symptoms? Do you have left arm/shoulder pain? shortness of breath? tingling fingers? fever or tenderness in L side under ribs into back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)